Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long have you gone without wearing a diaper?

Default How long have you gone without wearing a diaper?

With threads existing about how many days/weeks/months the non-incontinent folks here have gone diapered, I was wondering how long you go without a diaper. I know there's some here that don't readily have an available stash, or the privacy to wear one, and enjoy the feeling. You guys are included too. Do you abstain because of practicality or lack of privacy, or do you choose not to wear because of the hinderance of negative feelings, like a long purge cycle, or guilt?

I've been as long as a year or more without wearing one, and generally go months at a time without, but I don't ever go without thinking about wearing one, or being the caregiver prior to "horizontal activities". As always, for me, it's mostly guilt that takes over and keeps me in plain shorts, but it's also not good for work, or other physically demanding activities in my life. I spend a lot of time outdoors in the balmy NC summer air. Wearing a diaper, to me, is a comforting and relaxing experience, but in 90+ degree heat with 60%+ humidity, that detracts from the comforting relaxation.

Wintertime wouldn't be so bad, but honestly, seasons don't enter into the equation of why not.

The longest that I have gone without wearing a diaper since 1997 was 4 months. My work environment at that time prevented all opportunities to procure diapers so I went without. At the first possible chance, I procured a pack.

I'm going on week 3 now :\ But I get paid in a few days and rodering more

I treat wearing as a "special occasion" - in terms of how often I get to actually wear, not really a special occasion as such. But you get the idea.

I only got a new stash last night, and for the sake of discretion I can really only get about 10 at a time. The last time I bought diapers before last night was about 4 months ago

Funny you should mention it though - when I don't have any diapers I'm always thinking about when I will get more and how I will go about it discreetly. Despite thinking about it, though, I don't feel that I must buy some more at the soonest opportunity.

Generally, I like the idea that I don't wear all the time. It makes getting diapers a much bigger deal, and something to look forward to in a sense. So to answer your question... the longest I've been without a diaper, since the first time I bought diapers, is probably about 5 or 6 months. But then the first time I bought diapers was shortly after I joined TBDL in late 2007. I've only been shopping for diapers maybe 3 or 4 times since the first.

Obviously being a rarity of sorts, I keep my diapers for when I'm home by myself and don't need to worry about being caught in them - no point in wearing them if I can't relax in them. I think if I wore more often and got used to being in them I would feel more comfortable going out in them without thinking about it.

D.

Well. I haven't been through the "throw everything out" bit of the cycle yet, but I would say the first 18 and a half years of my life minus how long potty training took, is long.

Uh...besides that...about two weeks straight without one, a small number of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I treat wearing as a "special occasion" - in terms of how often I get to actually wear, not really a special occasion as such. But you get the idea.

I only got a new stash last night, and for the sake of discretion I can really only get about 10 at a time. The last time I bought diapers before last night was about 4 months ago

Funny you should mention it though - when I don't have any diapers I'm always thinking about when I will get more and how I will go about it discreetly. Despite thinking about it, though, I don't feel that I must buy some more at the soonest opportunity.

Generally, I like the idea that I don't wear all the time. It makes getting diapers a much bigger deal, and something to look forward to in a sense. So to answer your question... the longest I've been without a diaper, since the first time I bought diapers, is probably about 5 or 6 months. But then the first time I bought diapers was shortly after I joined TBDL in late 2007. I've only been shopping for diapers maybe 3 or 4 times since the first.

Obviously being a rarity of sorts, I keep my diapers for when I'm home by myself and don't need to worry about being caught in them - no point in wearing them if I can't relax in them. I think if I wore more often and got used to being in them I would feel more comfortable going out in them without thinking about it.

D.
    I can seriously relate to your feelings. Wearing infrequently makes the times that I do wear one seem more satisfying somehow. Even though I think about it daily, I don't feel the urge to actually wear one. It's as if acting upon the thought of wearing ruins the thought of wearing. Did that make any sense? lol.

Also, I need complete discretion when I decide to wear, with the exception of my wife knowing, of course. If I feel that if there will be any chance of company stopping by, me having to leave the house, or something like that, then I can't truly relax and enjoy the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    18 months; last wore in January 08.
    Time to go shopping!

Lately I don't go more than a day or 2 without wearing. but there have been several months off of wearing.

yeah a year and a half and i tell you it sucked but i couldn't because at my dads i had exactly no privacy and i can't but them because he lives in a town were we know every single person in it. and forget disposing

as a kid, obviously, i went for nearly 15 years without diapers (maybe 10 years if you count makeshift diapers homemade out of towels and plastic wrap). in adulthood i've gone for 4 or 5 months while traveling, not without a certain amount of regret. when i have regular access to them i rarely go longer than a week without wearing, and lately i've been wearing to bed almost every night, just because i can!