Thread: Alaska=Win

Default Alaska=Win

Incase anyone was wondering where ever so loved and popular best friend of everyone *cough* Sparkmaster has been the past week and a half, the answer is some place very far north where you can see Russia from every house (thanks Tina Fey!).

Yes, I was in Alaska. Yes, it was awesome. The scenery is nothing like you would see in the lower 48. Its stunning, incredible, and a bunch of other adjectives. The weather was great too. One cannot complain about sunny and 70F every day 300 miles below the arctic circle.

My point: Go, now, before it breaks off into the sea and goes to hang out with Hawaii and California.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    My point: Go, now, before it breaks off into the sea and goes to hang out with Hawaii and California.
    AHAHA. xD I'm guessing you've seen "Ze End of ze World?" :3

I definitely want to go to Alaska sometime in my life, maybe take an Alaskan cruise.

What did you do while you were there?

I enjoyed Alaska, too, when I visited. The landscapes were amazing and the hiking fantastic. Alaskans are also very big on two of my favorite things - gourmet pizza and microbrew beer!

Norway has similar rugged landscapes, but isn't as "wild" as Alaska. I don't worry about a bear eating me on a desolate hike here. But the hiking is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    AHAHA. xD I'm guessing you've seen "Ze End of ze World?" :3
    'sup

I want to go to alaska, if not maybe even live there. I prefer the cold anyways.

It wasn't cold while I was there. Sunny and 70 every day in the panhandle.

I am going to Alaska by car for three weeks starting next week. I hope to see the HAARP towers, the taiga, Prudhoe Bay, Arctic ocean shore, and Denali National Park.