Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Warriors come out and play! Warriors come out and play!"

Default "Warriors come out and play! Warriors come out and play!"

Well today I got a copy of The Warrirors from Netflix, the 1979 movie about a coney island gang who's wrongly accused of killing a big time gang leader. Anyways it's one of the most horrible movies I ever seen plot wise. Really nothing that happens in the movie after the first 25 mins makes any sort of sense.

I can see why the 9 members of the gang have to run since all of new york gangs and police are looking for them. But still they insist if they just get back to cony island (their turf) everything will be fine. From what people been saying I thought there was going to be a lot of fighting and while the movie does have about 2-3 good fights most of the movie is team walking or running and staying out of sight.

So has anyone here watched the movie and if so, did you even like it?

Saw that ages ago. Legendarily awful. Not quite in the league of Plan 9 From Outer Space, but plenty sucky.

Played the game and it was a good rental but not worth buying.

I loved that movie. One of my favorites, and definitely a cult classic, meaning not for everyone. The idea of being safe on their turf is that the gang is not just nine guys. Just nine guys went to the meeting. The screenplay came from a book that is very different from the movies, much darker, much more violent, not really likeable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Played the game and it was a good rental but not worth buying.
    the game is a fun game, probably worth renting that more than watching the movie if it's that bad haha

I kinda liked it. You gotta pay attention to the little details to figgure out the big ones.
    I suggest playing the game first, then watch the movie. Kinda works better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by harris View Post
    I loved that movie. One of my favorites, and definitely a cult classic, meaning not for everyone. The idea of being safe on their turf is that the gang is not just nine guys. Just nine guys went to the meeting. The screenplay came from a book that is very different from the movies, much darker, much more violent, not really likeable characters.
    But... when they got back to their turf no one was there other then the gang that framed/blamed them for the murder of cyrus (or whatever his name was "CAN YOU DIG IT!?") and then pretty much all of gang was there. From what the movie really depicts it seems that thers only 9 of them and even less as the movie goes along.

My problem with it is that most people made it sound like there was a lot more fighting and violence and general mayhem then there really was. I'll give credit to the scenes where they fought the baseball furries and the gang in the bathroom. But most of the movie really was just running which I got my fill of with Lord Of The Rings.

I loved it lol. I watched it with the mentality that it was a movie from 1979, which may have influenced my opinion a bit I guess.

Maybe you guys would like it more if Michael Bay did a remake of it!
    EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIONS!