Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even Adult Swim has gone downhill...

Default Even Adult Swim has gone downhill...

In keeping to the Cartoon Network thread, I thought discussing Adult Swim would be good. THAT'S gone downhill thanks be to Tim & Eric, and Mighty Boosh. Those are two shows I can't bother with. OH! And add Squidbillies to that mix too. UGH. OH! And also add Look Around You.

I was fond of Moral Orel, Aqua Teen, even that one has gone downhill- Brak Show, and all of the earlier shows they had there. Now, it's too damn dumb sometimes save for Family Guy and King of The Hill.

Thought this would be worth discussing.

WildThing121675

I don't watch TV. I borrow the DVDs of the shows from my friends or I torrent the episodes of shows I like. Saves a lot of stress over missing shows, and you get stuff that hasn't been aired!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    I don't watch TV. I borrow the DVDs of the shows from my friends or I torrent the episodes of shows I like. Saves a lot of stress over missing shows, and you get stuff that hasn't been aired!
    Agreed, I prefer the DVD's of the shows I like, and I also like to watch some of the shows on hulu.com. Seems like TV is not worth the price I pay for each month. Cartoon Network needs to get their heads out of their butts and realize that they really have gone downhill

Shows that should be on Adult Swim

American Dad
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Bleach
    Blood +
    The Boondocks
    Code Geass
    Cowboy Bebop
    Death Note
    Family Guy
    FLCL
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Ghost in a Shell
    InuYasha
    King of the Hill
    Moral Orel
    Robot Chicken
    Shin Chan

Everything else can go!

I love The Mighty Boosh!

God knows what it's doing on American TV though.

Im torn on the mighty boosh. Sometimes it reminds me of the old flying circus skits, but other times it feels like I need a frontal labotomy to find it funny.

As for squidbillies, I think its great. I think you have to spend some time in the rural south to appreciate it.

I hardly watch it anymore. If it's anime, then I've probably already seen it, and even if I haven't, I've grown stuck up against dubbed ones. If I do watch it, it's for Robot Chicken, Venture Brothers, Family Guy, American Dad, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, Superjail, and some others. Then there are shows that I think just suck: Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, King of the Hill, etc...

I think the mighty boosh is pretty funny. But my favorite comedy shows are Sealab 2021 and robot chicken.

secretdl26

I agree that Tim & Eric is hard to watch, and that type of show doesn't have much value.

Sorry about this, but I love The Mighty Boosh. I can understand how the type of comedy in it is a little hard to understand/enjoy but I think that it has a lot more value than Squidbillies or Tim & Eric.

They need to bring back FLCL. Even thought I have it on dvd. Still a great anime lol

And Big O