Thread: John Cleese

Default John Cleese

John Cleese is starting up his world tour in Norway this fall, and will be in my town in early October. Unfortunately, my parents will be visiting from the States during this time, and I would feel guilty about leaving them behind to go see the show. I actually think we are supposed to go to a cabin in the mountains the weekend of the show. Further, the tickets are about $150 each. I just can't justify that, even as funny as he is!

Why not take your parents with you to see the show?

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    John Cleese is starting up his world tour in Norway this fall, and will be in my town in early October. Unfortunately, my parents will be visiting from the States during this time, and I would feel guilty about leaving them behind to go see the show. I actually think we are supposed to go to a cabin in the mountains the weekend of the show. Further, the tickets are about $150 each. I just can't justify that, even as funny as he is!
    GO.

I thought this thread was opened to announce his death!

But, yes, take your parents. GO. Then tell us all about the show.

Wow. I was going to say take the 'rents, given that John probably appeals to their age group more than yours, but NOBODY is funny enough to justify $150 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Wow. I was going to say take the 'rents, given that John probably appeals to their age group more than yours, but NOBODY is funny enough to justify $150 a pop.
    Actually, John Cleese is would appeal more to me (I turn 40 this year), and my parents would have very little clue about British humor. I am the one that grew up watching Monty Python's Flying Circus on PBS.

Secondly, the $150 a ticket is a show stopper for me. Yes, everything is more expensive in Norway, but that is just a little too much.