Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it?

Default What is it?

What is it about furry/babyfur/the like that you like so much, or that really gets you into it?
    Personally I wouldn't say I am yet, but lately... We'll just say I may not be far off from getting more into it :P

I've always felt a kinship to animals and I literally grew up with my dog (we got her when I was one). So for me, it's not about liking something particular about it, it's I feel closer to animals than I do humans. This, coupled with my TBness, caused me to be a babyfur. Though in all honest from what I've seen and read, it seems to be the same as being a TB or AB just covered with fur.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahKokoro View Post
    I've always felt a kinship to animals and I literally grew up with my dog (we got her when I was one). So for me, it's not about liking something particular about it, it's I feel closer to animals than I do humans. This, coupled with my TBness, caused me to be a babyfur. Though in all honest from what I've seen and read, it seems to be the same as being a TB or AB just covered with fur.
    What my bwo said describes my reasons pretty well. And read the green in my sig.

Exactly how I was gunna describe myself... except it was a cat, not a dog :p

I must say I always thought I was a fox but I never really realized it until I first came to IRC. I was already a tb/dl, but when I first learned about furries, I wanted to get more involved. Many furs have different reasons and beliefs for being a furry. Some think its spiritual, some people like the animal, some relate to the animal, but my reason is because I relate to the fox. I added them up together, and became a babyfur. Hope this gives you a better understanding.

~RubixFox

Mako

Ditto. Except I grew up with kittens. When I was younger there wasn't many kids in the neighbour hood yet so I used to follow our cats about and imitate and pretend to be one. So furryness has a really deep connection to my *bness too.

I love animals.

I love cartoons.

Seemed obvious to me...

Secret

Well because its FREAKIN ADORABLE!

I mean, yeah animals are awesome to!
    Also the way my mom used to call me "puppy" when I was little might have had something to do with it, I guess it just brings me back to a time when me and my mom loved eachother and I was her "puppy". It kinda makes me sad now seeing how our mother son relationship has changed in such a short time, but Im guessing that its just "teenage problems". Eh im rambling and no one really cares about what I just typed so whatever I guess : /

Anyone have any input on what I just typed?

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Well because its FREAKIN ADORABLE!

I mean, yeah animals are awesome to!
    Also the way my mom used to call me "puppy" when I was little might have had something to do with it, I guess it just brings me back to a time when me and my mom loved eachother and I was her "puppy". It kinda makes me sad now seeing how our mother son relationship has changed in such a short time, but Im guessing that its just "teenage problems". Eh im rambling and no one really cares about what I just typed so whatever I guess : /

Anyone have any input on what I just typed?
    You could try and ask her why she called you puppy. Other than that just try and get closer to her again. But I don't know your mother so my advice might not work.

I guess its because not only do I love animals but to me they represent being free spirited I mean wolfs and foxes arent bound by human laws and morals they do what there instents tell them to. That with the fact that being a TB makes me feel like iam freeing myself from the constant pain in life it just appeled to me