Thread: A Little Confused

Default A Little Confused

So i'm a little confused as of late on my standings. I'm not sure whether or not i'm a "furry" by technical means. Admittedly i find the idea of being a babyfur irresistibly cute, but i'm not sure if, metaphorically, i'd want to be covered by fur. What i'm saying is, are Nekos (human forms but with furry ears and tails) counted, technically, as furries?

I'm not really leaning any way as of the moment, i cant decide between the two. But i just wanted everyone's opinions about the neko/furry thing.

Example of Neko

Quote Originally Posted by Little Tyler View Post
    So i'm a little confused as of late on my standings. I'm not sure whether or not i'm a "furry" by technical means. Admittedly i find the idea of being a babyfur irresistibly cute, but i'm not sure if, metaphorically, i'd want to be covered by fur. What i'm saying is, are Nekos (human forms but with furry ears and tails) counted, technically, as furries?

I'm not really leaning any way as of the moment, i cant decide between the two. But i just wanted everyone's opinions about the neko/furry thing.

Example of Neko
    I don't think they're furries but are part of another group. Though it might depend on the purpose, because some wear ears and tails for cosplaying, in which case they're cosplayers. Then again some furries only dress up with ears and a tail. Unfortunately, they're both loosely defined groups that just provide a Name/Title for a large group of people with similar interests, but not necesarrily the same interests. So "technically", yes they could be considered furries.

What someone defines as a furry is their own opinion. there will never be a set-in-stone, defined guideline, so it's up to personal interpretation.^^

Jeffy

Either way it's SO CUTE!!! n.n

Well I believe that if you see yourself as a animal too, you can consider yourself a furry. Like Sila said, theirs no set stone of who is and isn't a fur, and its really how you see yourself. The point of your fursona is how you see yourself. Some people don't have fursonas at all and still consider themselves furries. It matters what's inside rather than what's out.

~Rubix

Quote Originally Posted by RubixFox View Post
    Well I believe that if you see yourself as a animal too, you can consider yourself a furry. Like Sila said, theirs no set stone of who is and isn't a fur, and its really how you see yourself. The point of your fursona is how you see yourself. Some people don't have fursonas at all and still consider themselves furries. It matters what's inside rather than what's out.

~Rubix
    couldnt have put it better myself

JessePup

most manga readers don't know the difference unless they were furry or neko