Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Iowa

Default Greetings from Iowa

Hey, what`s up!
    I'm from Council Bluffs, Iowa, and I just joined yesterday (late, so not a lot of time to post an intro then)
    I'm 16 and going to be a senior next year, and I'm in band and jazz band.
    Really skinny (family genetic trait, not eating disorder. I actually eat a lot), not much of an athlete.
    I'm particularly interested in playing the marimba and vibraphone, especially jazz music on those.
    Uhm...I found the site as one of the only true TB communities I could find out there.
    And, as you can guess, I'm a TB. Somewhat of a DL, but mostly TB.
    Anyways, I am glad I found this site and I hope to enjoy my time here!

Hiya welcome to the site. Nice intro Enjoy yourself here, I'm sure you will make lots of friends!

Jeffy

Hi! I'm Jeffy :3
    I live in Euless Texas. I was never in band but however I was state champion gymnast for 4 years in a row XD
    Really nice to meet you :3 And welcome to ADISC
    If you ever need someone to talk to, check out my profile here and find my MSN messenger name and talk to me if you ever need like a shoulder to cry on, someone to shoot the breeze with, or even someone to talk about serious things with :3
    Everyone is a potential friend until they prove themselves otherwise! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cbaby324 View Post
    Hey, what`s up!
    I'm from Council Bluffs, Iowa, and I just joined yesterday (late, so not a lot of time to post an intro then)
    Really skinny (family genetic trait, not eating disorder. I actually eat a lot), not much of an athlete.
    I'm particularly interested in playing the marimba and vibraphone, especially jazz music on those.
    Uhm...I found the site as one of the only true TB communities I could find out there.
    Welcome! A former midwesterner (MN) here as well. I have many fond memories of Iowa visiting grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaby324 View Post
    Hey, what`s up!
    That's out by Omaha, isn't it?

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site. This maybe a stupid question, but aren't there diffrent types of jazz music?

Welcome to ADISC

I used to be able to eat whatever I want and not put any weight on, but I think those days are now over enjoy it while you can

Welcome to ADISC! I have a mid-sized waist but eat a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    Welcome to the site. This maybe a stupid question, but aren't there diffrent types of jazz music?
    There are, but as the famous jazz player Lionel Hampton put it,
    [Jazz] went from the classics to ragtime to Dixieland to swing to bebop to cool jazz, . . . But it's always jazz. You can put a new dress on her, a new hat, but no matter what kind of clothes you put on her, she's the same old broad.

Heh welcome! Glad ginetic slection is in your favor . I have to keep my nose to the grindstone and concentrate to stay in shape.