Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Creators of Bambino Diapers

Default The Creators of Bambino Diapers

Does anyone know "their story"? Do they wear diapers themselves? Are they AB/DL? Or did they just see a hole in the market? I tried to find some information about them on their website, but couldn't find much personal information/backgrounds. Does anyone know?

Darkfinn

The "creators" of Bambino are the same people that "created" the Secure Personal Care line of products. I believe Secure's company history is on their website.

According to the California business records, both companies are owned by the same person. So I think it's more a case of a diaper manufacturer being AB aware rather than AB. Now, I'm pretty sure the people that run ABUniverse are ABs themselves.

Mesmerale

The way I see it, if the people who made Bambinos were AB's, then the product wouldn't be so expensive now would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    The way I see it, if the people who made Bambinos were AB's, then the product wouldn't be so expensive now would it?
    Why would that matter? They made a product and priced it at a point where people are willing to pay. They are out to make money and I am sure they don't care if they are helping some AB/DL's out on getting an affordable high quality product. I agree it would be great if they were less expensive, but the only way that would happen is if demand went down or someone else makes a similar product, hence increasing supply. Someone probably will do this in the next 2 years, so Bambino is getting as much of this cash cow as they can now.

Now here is the question - If you could sell a product to a bunch of people that you have never met but had similar interests as you, would you like your profit to be $150,000 or $80,000?

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by discodiaper View Post
    Why would that matter? They made a product and priced it at a point where people are willing to pay. They are out to make money and I am sure they don't care if they are helping some AB/DL's out on getting an affordable high quality product. I agree it would be great if they were less expensive, but the only way that would happen is if demand went down or someone else makes a similar product, hence increasing supply. Someone probably will do this in the next 2 years, so Bambino is getting as much of this cash cow as they can now.

Now here is the question - If you could sell a product to a bunch of people that you have never met but had similar interests as you, would you like your profit to be $150,000 or $80,000?

I didn't say that it was a stupid thing to do. I know exactly why the prices are so high, thank you.

And if I had the same interests, and had to deal with the same issue of paying a high price for it, as well as struggling to find what I wanted. Then I would make a profit of $80,000, or possibly $100,000.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Bambinos are no more expensive than any other "top of the line" diaper... like Abri-form X-plus or Molicare Super plus. You figure we have to pay a tiny bit more for a niche product... but they're worth the cost.

With the way Bambinos have been selling out recently... they may want to consider upping production.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Bambinos are no more expensive than any other "top of the line" diaper... like Abri-form X-plus or Molicare Super plus. You figure we have to pay a tiny bit more for a niche product... but they're worth the cost.

With the way Bambinos have been selling out recently... they may want to consider upping production.
    Abri-form X-plus and Bambinos are pretty much the same price. $1.37 per diaper. People think the Bambinos are more expensive because the case of 48 comes at a price of $65.96 while the X-plus are $57.95 for 42. The 6 just makes it look more expensive, but do the math and they're the same.

You aren't paying anymore for bambinos than you are for the X plus. Don't know about Molicare though

I can't blame them if they did cost more than others diapers. They are making diapers for *b/dl not diapers for people who need them. So they can add those little touches that make them feel like real baby diapers.