Thread: Work Help

Default Work Help

Just wondering if anyone had advice on how to gain employment ?

The places i have tried seem to refer me to online apps which I cannot finish because they expect me to complete all of the blanks and some i cannot cause the business I had worked for no longer exists so theres no phone number to list but the page will refresh till I do complete the blank ...so you can see an issue there

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone had advice on how to gain employment ?

The places i have tried seem to refer me to online apps which I cannot finish because they expect me to complete all of the blanks and some i cannot cause the business I had worked for no longer exists so theres no phone number to list but the page will refresh till I do complete the blank ...so you can see an issue there
    If you've got the old phone number, put it in. If you do not, put in your own phone number and write a follow-up email or attachment explaining why this was done.

As for larger advice regarding gainful employment, I am at this time unsure. Even menial jobs are being pulled/frozen in many instances, and it has been my experience that after a phone interview and an on-site panel interview, this still happens. Most irritating, that.

The old number is to a completely different business and I dont want to harass them , but putting my own number down with a note is a good idea there.

Going to AC really showed me , I want some Moneys and Soon lol

Darkfinn

Try Craigslist.

I found my last two jobs there... and LuvsGurl found her last job there as well.

Just be patient with it... and remember the rules of the game.
    #1: If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS.
    #2: If they want you to go to some 3rd party website and fill out personal info IT IS A SCAM.
    #3: If they reply to you and have an e-mail address that is Hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail IT IS A SCAM.

There is a lot of trash on Craigslist... but there is also a lot of good stuff... it just takes time to sort through.

When I used to apply for jobs I would just put in what they wanted to see, mainly they want to see if your qualifyed to do the job, or have some experience in what you plan on doing, if you have no experience tell them how eager you are to learn new things, and will do your best at whatever you can get.

If you don't have a job history or a limited one, just put in what you remember about the places you worked, just tell them the place no longer exists or is no longer in bussiness.

Just make it clear your willing to learn, and tell them your can start NOW, go ready to start the job immiditly pack a lunch and be ready to start.

If it's a suit and tie job go dressed that way, but if its a normal get dirty job wear cloths you can go right to work in, but try to look neat and clean either way, employers like that, good luck I hope you get the job.