Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France!

Default Tour de France!

The tour just began! Watch it! It runs from today untill the 26th. If you're in Canada you can watch it on OLN.

Also, Lance Armstrong is back!

woot

Our Region just had it's premier cycling event; The Tour de Fronds (Tour de Fronds - Cyclings Premier Southern Oregon Event - Saturday before Father's Day). It is an annual mountain road/trail cycle race along the Rogue River from Glendale, Oregon to Powers, Oregon. Check it out.

I'll be rooting for Lance of course. He's pretty much a hero to a lot of american's now it seems, or he is to me at least.

So does anyone think their will be a rift between Lance and Contador?

Peachy

Ah, La Tour de Dope is back. I wonder if the race will be interrupted by commercials for various pharmaceutical products again
    Seriously, I don't watch that any more. The challenge each team faces seems to be only how to best hide their doping activities from the officials.

Peachy

The challenge each team faces seems to be only how to best hide their doping activities from the officials.
    That's just plain ignant, Dog. (Mis-spelled on purpose)

For those of us who are fans of racing in ALL its various incarnations, it was cool to see the initial time trial go through the tunnel in Monaco. Not as fast as Button, etc., but still.....

Peachy, did you give up reading the first time someone made a movie out of a book? Every sport has cheaters and dopes. I'm not giving up on sports because of them. I could argue that cycling has made more of an effort to root out the evil than most other majore sports.

I understand where Peachy is coming from. Remember that last year's winner was disqualified because of the doping. It does tend to ruin the sport. Then all the major riders said that they used drugs to stay competitive, that it was just a given. That said, I'm rooting for Lance, of course. I even got my bike out of storage, got a tire changed, and am back to riding. I'm going to have to get some serious steroids, however, to compensate for my age...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I understand where Peachy is coming from. Remember that last year's winner was disqualified because of the doping. It does tend to ruin the sport. Then all the major riders said that they used drugs to stay competitive, that it was just a given. That said, I'm rooting for Lance, of course. I even got my bike out of storage, got a tire changed, and am back to riding. I'm going to have to get some serious steroids, however, to compensate for my age...haha.
    Lance doesn't even need steroids since his body is better for bike riding/running then the normal body. I think his lungs can take in 50% more air then say a avrage body.

But steroids don't really matter to him I bet, he's already missing one or both balls right? :P (That's mainly for the people who hate him, hell look to the left even professor Oak is saying "Bitch Be Tripping Balls!")

EricaLeigh

[QUOTE=Fire2box;240501]Lance doesn't even need steroids since his body is better for bike riding/running then the normal body. I think his lungs can take in 50% more air then say a avrage body.

Isn't that the truth? He's an incredible specimen!