Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sara Palin is steping down from office.

Default Sara Palin is steping down from office.

Not that we already have enough bad news as it is in the world in and outside of politics Sara Palin is stepping down. It seems to be the only way that the media will stop freaking talking about her for not really doing anything remotely bad since the election from what I gather.

Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com

It sucks that the media in general destory lives for ratings which generate income. It's happened with Palin, it's happened with jon and kate gosslien, it's happened with britney spears its happened with micheal jackson. All for ratings, all for money.

My question is why did palin matter so damn freaking much after the election? No one cared a flying you know what about her before then and she tried going back to normal as soon as Obama won the election. Yet the media kept hounding her on everyday things we all do, why the hell do people like david letterman need to joke about her going to a yankee's game and about her kids being raped? I am pretty sure no one even knew she was at the game before David Letterman made a comment about it.

Any in case this one is for you media, thank you for destorying lives for profit. Your very much like the bush admin that "kills for oil". Only you don't use guns to do it.

Also I think it's insane to think this is a setup for running in 2012 for president, frankly I wouldn't support her to be president since she has as much experience as Obama and I don't think like 2-4 years as governor, mayor or senator is really enough experience to pretty much be the figurehead for the whole world. Plus if she does run in 2012 she will be hounded for leaving her office in the middle of the term and she buckled under pressure. Is that presidental worthy?

Mako

This is bad news?

If people don't want to be public, don't be a public figure. If she couldn't handle it, then it's good she's stepping down.

The announcement came on the same week that one of her top public health officials says she was forced out of office because Palin felt she wasn't in step on social issues.

Palin's decision now allows her to avoid the difficult task of running for president while serving as governor.

Todd Palin told FOX News that his wife will concentrate on "doing the things for Alaska and the country" that she is passionate about and can not do as governor with the limitation and constant opposition she deals with within the state.
    That doesn't sound anything like the picture you painted. i thought the article would be about how she decided to step down because the media was constantly barraging her into the ground, getting into her social life, and all that, but it wasn't. instead, the article was about her stepping down because the vast majority of people in alaska disagree with her on social issues.

I think when she ran as Mccain's running mate, more attention was focused on her than usual, obviously, and Alaskans woke up and saw who was the govenor of their state, and learned more about her than they knew before she was VP nominee. Kind of like: "Hey, the person running our state believes the earth is only 5000 years old? She believes Intelligent design should be taught in public schools? The person, who we look to in rough times, who we depend on to lead us to a better tommorrow, believes that Jesus planted the dinosaur bones underground to mislead us and test our faith in God?!"

course, i don't know if she believes in any or all that, but that seems to be where she stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    This is bad news?

If people don't want to be public, don't be a public figure. If she couldn't handle it, then it's good she's stepping down.
    I agree, the media is always going to be harsh or gentle depending on what's popular at the time. If a public figure can't handle it then it's better if they do step down.

All I have to say is :wgaf:

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also I think it's insane to think this is a setup for running in 2012 for president, frankly I wouldn't support her to be president since she has as much experience as Obama and I don't think like 2-4 years as governor, mayor or senator is really enough experience to pretty much be the figurehead for the whole world. Plus if she does run in 2012 she will be hounded for leaving her office in the middle of the term and she buckled under pressure. Is that presidental worthy?
    I do suspect it's related, though it does seem a bit early. My question is, if it were over the media hounding her, why should we believe they'll stop just because she steps down? She's basically a celebrity now. As long as people tune in to watch stories about her, they'll keep making them. Plus, since there's lots of speculation about her running for president in 2012, I suspect the buzz will continue to follow her (unless of course she comes out publicly and says she's not going to run, or something).

For all you people pretty much saying "Hooray!" what to you was bad about her?

Asher

I have a feeling this will not be the last time we hear about Palin. You might just see her in the Republican presidential primary a couple years from now...

- Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    I have a feeling this will not be the last time we hear about Palin. You might just see her in the Republican presidential primary a couple years from now...

- Asher
    Who the hell would want a president that backs off under media pressure as she has done today?