Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Departure

Default Departure

Sadly, this will be mostly the end of the road for me on the FORUM.

I will drop in and out, and be active in IRC, however..what I feared is happening.

I FEEL (not trying to cause drama, this is pure opinion) like too many shifty people are signing up, we arte getting to large, and our "family" feel is steadily disapearing. (see first two reasons)
    With a poof and a click. I bid adue.

I can't help but agree with you, unfortunately... At least I hope you'll go in the IRC regularly. :/

i remember when you first joined a long time ago. it seems you've developed into a much better person sense then. i'm sure you'll be missed on the forums, but it's not really our choise weather you stay or leave. it's always hard to see such a great member leave.

However, if we do sudenly revert back to TBDL's ol good times feel I will gladly be back.

@link
    Thank you. But, I have been the same person. I just had no trust in the site..... I thought the only way to survive (like the less disireable sites) was to be a total ...well you know. And, did'nt I adress that a LONG LONG time ago?
    Sorry for spelling, and arcaiac words. T9ing this on my Archos605.

EmeraldsAndLime

Sadly Drew, I have to agree with you...

Lately, I've been feeling this site has lost it's family appeal to it and there is less of a homely feel. Not that I think this site is going downhill, I still think it is infinitely times better than a lot of other places out there. But recently we've been having a good amount of strange, bizarre or otherwise dodgy users. I know that this community would die if it didn't grow, but sometimes I get the feeling that changing so we turn up in more web searches wasn't such a good idea.

Anyway, if or when you decide to return, then we'll welcome you back. See ya round Drew.

It's healthy skepticism that drives you, Drew, and I hope you are not completely right in your thoughts. I'll stay around a while longer and hope the trend slows down or even reverses. Meanwhile, take care of yourself and pop into the chat(s) when the mood strikes you. You'll be welcome anywhere you show up.

Unwanted and untruthful members are always going to be a part of any online community, no matter what its purpose. Part of making a community better, though, is persevering through that and staying strong and true to the original mission of the community itself to be one of the reliable ones whom it truly serves.

As for getting too large ... I still think we're quite undersized compared to what we used to be, but maybe I could be wrong.

Anyway, Drew, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    Unwanted and untruthful members are always going to be a part of any online community, no matter what its purpose. Part of making a community better, though, is persevering through that and staying strong and true to the original mission of the community itself to be one of the reliable ones whom it truly serves.
    Now, now. I am still going to be part of the community. Just not the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    I still think we're quite undersized compared to what we used to be, but maybe I could be wrong.

Anyway, Drew, good luck.
    I think we're still getting back up to speed, and taking on some new people at the same time. The community is growing, yes, but it's not getting out of hand thanks to the diligence of the mods.

To all: keep the faith, and help each other

Regardless, I am also growing...bored of seeing the same posts over and over again about pissing yourself ya know?