Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know..

Default you know..

Just browsing facebook here and looking at all of my "friends" posts of :work tomorrow =[ and seeing pictures of girls getting wasted and doing NOTHING all day. MAkes me think to myself..."one day I will amass such a vast fortune and Empire that these people will wish that they took my path instead of theirs" I, instead of hanging with friends and getting drunk and high am going to work everyday and then coming home to work on my business enterprise. One day that will all pay off and I will rise above those popular people who think they are so high and mighty, soon I will be the high and mighty one while they will be the poor worthless pesant.

Anyone else feel that way???

You basically posted this before.

I think there needs to be a balance between work and play. Just because someone goes out and has a good time doesn't mean they aren't going to be successful.

I don't. I've never cared much for success (as in money etc.) when it's being compared to just enjoying life. I'm happy that through school I put more energy into my friendships and having a good time than getting an A in every subject. I drank, I smoked, skipped classes and just enjoyed the hell out of that time to be honest.

Of course, I'm luck enough to have had a very easy time learning all my life, so my grades are still good enough to get me into pretty much whatever university classes I want to. I know, the world's unfair, but as long as it's good to me I won't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I think there needs to be a balance between work and play. Just because someone goes out and has a good time doesn't mean they aren't going to be successful.
    I completely agree. If all you're doing is working, what is the point of life? What is the point of money if you can't enjoy playing?

And anyway, you're already sounding pretty high and mighty and full of yourself anyway.

Get over yourself.

I think both paths are quite valid, just as long as you wont have to be working that hard all your life. To me, the point in growing your business should be to put yourslef in a place where you are financially secure enough to be able to have a good time.

Those people who at the moment aren't working hard at all and are just partying, may regret it in the future, but they will have had an awesome time which for many people is enough to justify the situation it puts them in. I dunno, I guess you should try and be content within yourself about the decision you've made, and be quielty assured that your hard work will pay off.

Posts like this do make you seem quite high and mighty, and to be honest you sound like a boss from hell in the making, making those peons "pay" for the good time they had while you were growing your business. lol.

I smell a middle manager in training hehe.

Have you tried to form your hair into points yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    I smell a middle manager in training hehe.

Have you tried to form your hair into points yet?
    Aieee! Let's hope not. More than enough of those.

To the OP: I think you're going to find that the need for revenge or scoring points on people who aren't going to ultimately be important to you just isn't worth the effort. Your efforts need to be based on something positive and affirming or I think you'll find that they're hollow and unsatisfying in the end. By all means, pursue excellence, but do it because it's a worthwhile effort and you want to do the best you can and then the reactions of others, whether positive or negative aren't going to dictate your happiness with the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Aieee! Let's hope not. More than enough of those.

To the OP: I think you're going to find that the need for revenge or scoring points on people who aren't going to ultimately be important to you just isn't worth the effort. Your efforts need to be based on something positive and affirming or I think you'll find that they're hollow and unsatisfying in the end. By all means, pursue excellence, but do it because it's a worthwhile effort and you want to do the best you can and then the reactions of others, whether positive or negative aren't going to dictate your happiness with the end result.
    Like scoring with some of those wasted girls. I mean, come on, you KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Half your work is done for you right there!

I work hard. An I have plains that I will complete. But this weekend I will be gettng drunk also. Work an play need to check wiht each other. you would go cray if you didn't