Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting situation

Default Interesting situation

My mom's youngest sister and her family are coming to visit us next week. They have two kids, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. My aunt called my mom yesterday and as they were talking, she happened to tell mom that she has found her 6 yo with one of the 3 yo's nighttime diapers tucked in his underwear twice now (once at nighttime, once daytime). Both times the diaper was wet and leaking because it was only a size 4 so it couldn't "hold" him when he wet it (the nighttime one looked like he had wet the bed and when she asked him about it, he confessed that he had the diaper in his pants). The daytime one she saw the wetness and the "big pants" look. She said that she has talked to him about it both times and his only words were that he just likes the feel of a diaper in his pants. She told mom that she is locking up the diapers as much as possible now, but it is really a hassle.

I don't know if my aunt knows about my DLism or not. Mom talks to her alot and she is really "free" with information sometimes, and I am afraid to ask her if she has told her. I am trying to figure out how to hide my cloth diapers and plastic pants when they get here. It will be pretty hard since mom washes my cloth diapers and then dries them outside most of the time, and hangs my plastic pants in the bathroom.

She did ask mom what she should do about her son, since it seems to be getting more frequent (she said that she is sure he has done it more then just the two times he has been caught because the diaper supply seems to go down faster then normal at times). Mom told her that maybe she should just buy him his own supply of diapers, to which she just laughed! Mom told me about the phone call and I said I would ask you people about it just to see what you would say. So can I have some imput?

You people? YOU PEOPLE?! How dare you, sir.

Just kidding. Uh...Well I don't really see what kind of advice you can give. Asking you (someone who likes them and doesn't try to stop) advice about getting someone to stop liking them, seems a little problematic.

I am sorry for "you people". I was going to say "you guys" but at the last moment I thought that because there are both men and women on this site that that wouldn't of been right, so I just put people instead. Sorry.

Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him. I don't think that there would be anything wrong with that since it is all family. Before you do that, though, I'd ask your mom and see what she thinks about that idea. If nothing else, if you have a good relationship with the older kid, try having a "heart to heart" with him and see what he says about diapers. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him. I don't think that there would be anything wrong with that since it is all family. Before you do that, though, I'd ask your mom and see what she thinks about that idea. If nothing else, if you have a good relationship with the older kid, try having a "heart to heart" with him and see what he says about diapers. Let us know how it goes.
    No. You shouldn't interfere to that extent to something which you shouldn't be very involved in to begin with. At most talking to his mom and give your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I am sorry for "you people". I was going to say "you guys" but at the last moment I thought that because there are both men and women on this site that that wouldn't of been right, so I just put people instead. Sorry.
    I was kidding dude...

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    Well, maybe while the family is here, you can give the oldest kid some of your diapers - maybe even diaper him.
    That's a horrible idea. Incredibly disturbing that you'd even advise that.

Stay away from the subject altogether. What interest do you have in him, if he's a DL or not? You should advise his parents that it is somewhat common for younger children to have a transition stage - between being a toddler and a preteen. I know I did, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    No. You shouldn't interfere to that extent to something which you shouldn't be very involved in to begin with. At most talking to his mom and give your advice.
    I agree with Wegs. Do not interfere. Just share your perspective and offer advice, but do no more.

I think from what I have understood in your OP, I just wouldn't be wearing my diapers thus eliminating the need for them to be washed and hung out to dry. I'm assuming you are continent. You could talk this over with your mom since she is well informed as the washer and procurer. But if it was me, I would take the cautious tact on all of this, especially if they are not staying a long time.

I don't know what advice to give, but he might not be an infantilist. He might just feel that his little brother is getting more attention and that might be his way of trying to get more attention.