Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you like to use baby bottles, what kinds/brands are your favorites?

Default If you like to use baby bottles, what kinds/brands are your favorites?

:bunny:

(Feel free to add info in this thread as this may not be the definitive treatise on this topic, by any means).

From time to time, I like to drink warmed milk from a baby bottle.

I have quite a large collection of various kinds and certainly have favorites.

Baby bottles, two main variations:

Bottle type (plastic or glass)

Disposable/collapsable bottle type (a one time use, disposable plastic sleeve attached to a plastic holder).

Nipple types and material:

Standard, translucent tan rubber

Nuk, translucent tan rubber

Platex Nurser type, translucent tan rubber

Avent or Avent-type, translucent tan rubber

Standard, silicone

Nuk, silicone?

Platex Nurser type - silicone?

Avent or Avent-type - silicone

Accessories or special systems:

Baby bottle "straw" - a silicone straw that attaches to the inside of the nipple that allows bottle to be used in a nipple up position (enabling baby/user drinking/sucking contents of bottle hands free while seated).

The Dr. Brown Natural Flow system (uses proprietary bottles/nipples). HandiCraft 1-800-779-7001 Dr. Browns

Baby bottle warmers.

Baby bottle sleeves. Pull-on or zippered (Often made/decorated with a stuffed animal motif for baby to look at or play with).

Baby bottle handles.

My favorites are the Avent style (Because they are larger in diameter).

Sometimes when I'm feeling Particularly nostalgic, I use vintage Even-flow, Gerber and Pyrex glass bottles with standard nipples

The bottle straw is a great add on (for when I'm at the computer).

I like and use the standard and wide-mouth Dr. Brown Natural Flow Bottles most often. (the only down side to these - they don't come with babyish prints). The baby bottle sleeves are my answer here.

So what are your favorites?

Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 27-Jun-2009 at 20:23. Reason: corrections, punctuation, additions

Bottle type glass

silicone
    silicone?

none

Baby bottle type:

Plastic. I've never tried glass and don't plan to. My favorite type of baby bottle is a gripper bottle, but I don't know where to get those anymore. Also, I'd love to get a large plastic gripper bottle made especially for me, that would be 16+ oz and be able to fit a NUK 5 bottle nipple. That's probably a dream that'll go unfulfilled though.

I'm not picky on brands, really. I prefer silicone nipples, and would be ecstatic if NUK 5 bottle nipples and binky nipples came in silicone.

I don't really have any preferences, but a baby bottle warmer would be nice. Handles would be nice too if it's not a gripper bottle. Oh, and a bottle brush is a must.

Note: This is unrelated to bottles, but it's probably a good feeding system, and one I'm somewhat interested in...Clicky

~ moogle

Default Silicone?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Bottle type glass

silicone
    silicone?

none

silicone |ˈsiləˌkōn|
    noun
    any of a class of synthetic materials that are polymers with a chemical structure based on chains of alternate silicon and oxygen atoms, with organic groups attached to the silicon atoms. Such compounds are typically resistant to chemical attack and insensitive to temperature changes and are used to make rubber, plastics, polishes, and lubricants.
    verb [ trans. ] (usu. be siliconed)
    join or otherwise treat (something) with a silicone.

angelabauer

For my own AB play I use EvenFlo 8oz Angled Nursers, which I bought circa 1996. Those last forever and work so well. Since I am long past actually being an infant I am not at all concerned about chemical problems.

My all-time favorite nipples are PUR clear silicone, which went out of production in 1996. I prefer the sensation of a less flexible silicone than is currently popular for feeding infants. With the PUR nipples unavailable I now use Munchkin Tri-Flow clear silicone nipples which can be adjusted for flow rate while in use.

When babysitting I have used Pyrex glass EvenFlo baby bottles. To me those are heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
    I like the playtex ventaire ones
    i give these a 10/10. they come apart into 5 pieces total including nipple, which makes it very easy to clean. the nipple is textured around the outside of it which is very nice, makes latching onto it easy. They rarely get air bubbles because of the angular design, and the design of the bottom- basically the bottom unscrews and a silicone vent is at the bottom. The leak-proof vent lets air in through the bottom of the bottle versus at the nipple like other bottles, and does a good job of keeping the bubbles out.

I definitely reccomend this brand to anyone! it has a wide bottle, or a regular, so it's easy to grab onto. I've never had a problem with this bottle at all :3

http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybarga...BL._AA280_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    i give these a 10/10. they come apart into 5 pieces total including nipple, which makes it very easy to clean. the nipple is textured around the outside of it which is very nice, makes latching onto it easy. They rarely get air bubbles because of the angular design, and the design of the bottom- basically the bottom unscrews and a silicone vent is at the bottom. The leak-proof vent lets air in through the bottom of the bottle versus at the nipple like other bottles, and does a good job of keeping the bubbles out.

I definitely reccomend this brand to anyone! it has a wide bottle, or a regular, so it's easy to grab onto. I've never had a problem with this bottle at all :3

http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybarga...BL._AA280_.jpg
    Yeah I have this one too, but in a different design than the one pictured. It works well and comes with a fast flow nipple. Don't drink pulpy orange juice though, it gets stuck in the hole :X.

I dont have one right now :\ I really havn't thought about buying latly ether. I used to own jsut a cheapish one from walmart. But after my last pruge, I've been taking it slow.

If I do rebuy, I have been looking at getting one with a nuk5 nipple most likly.