Thread: samples specialy chosen

Default samples specialy chosen

i have always had a theory that samples are likes specially chosen to be better so that people will buy the product. well i tested a sample underjam to a packaged one and the sample was way better than the packaged. the sample was softer more absorbent and the sides are stronger. has anyone else found that samples are better?

annierighthurr

No, they're exactly the same product. It's your imagination playing conspiracy theories on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastacia View Post
    No, they're exactly the same product. It's your imagination playing conspiracy theories on you.
    I second that

It's called confirmation bias.
    This bias is a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions and to irrationally avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

You assumed that the samples would be better, so to you, they felt better because you were thinking they would.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    It's called confirmation bias.
    This bias is a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions and to irrationally avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

You assumed that the samples would be better, so to you, they felt better because you were thinking they would.

Make sense?
    Find me a human that doesn't exhibit some sort of confirmation bias, and I'll open its face and show you it is really a robot :P

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    Find me a human that doesn't exhibit some sort of confirmation bias, and I'll open its face and show you it is really a robot :P
    agreed

Is it possible that the sample felt softer and the sides stronger because it hadn't been crammed into a package with other underjams? I'm sure that when these products are mechanically stuffed into packages some of the air and fluffiness probably goes out of them. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    I wasn't saying that we all don't show confirmation bias at one point or another. I was merely telling him what it was. -shrug-