Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, need an upgrade, what do you think of the ipod touch?

Default So, need an upgrade, what do you think of the ipod touch?

I've had my ipod video 30gb ever since they FIRST came out and I need an upgrade now. I don't wanna get the 32gb, as I'll get the 32gb iphone next year, but I just need something simple that can play Pandora in the car, so you think the 8gb itouch is worth it?

Also, love the ability to email check XD

Ummm I still have a 20 gig Ipod photo.. can I have your old one if you upgrade? I'd pay for the shipping. :P (Of course that's if it still works)

Anyways I don't think you should get a new one if you going with a 3G S next year. Since really what do you plan on doing with the touch once you got a 3G S?

True. And I'm only going 3gs next year if my credit is enough to where I don't need the deposit. The phone price is ok for me, but that freaken $500 deposit isn't.

Maybe I'll wait unless I happen to find a itouch for free -evil grin-

The iPod touch is good, but nothing compared to the Archos 5 or the 7 for that matter. If you can live without the gimmicks of the iPod go Archos, and it's also much more media friendly.

So, anyone think my credit would get high enough to let me lose the deposit for the iphone in time for xmas?

My car is in my name, I pay $350/mo for it. The payments are $250/mo, but I've got extra to pay more monthly on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I've had my ipod video 30gb ever since they FIRST came out and I need an upgrade now. I don't wanna get the 32gb, as I'll get the 32gb iphone next year, but I just need something simple that can play Pandora in the car, so you think the 8gb itouch is worth it?

Also, love the ability to email check XD
    How would you use Pandora in the car if the iPod touch uses wi-fi hotpsots?

DannyTheNinja

You can't play Pandora in the car on a Touch. It uses Wi-Fi, not the cellular network. You need an Internet connection to get Pandora, and unfortunately Wi-Fi doesn't work quite right when you're in the car.

Unless you're intent on owning a jailbreakable device, there's not much point in buying the iPod touch now especially if you plan to turn around and get an iPhone next year. Besides, if you wait a couple months, Apple will probably release a new version of the touch with more kickass features (one rumor I heard was a camera).

Seriously, the Video (5th gen) is probably the best iPod they've released to date. Drop dead simple, hackable, and lots of storage.

--Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTheNinja View Post
    You can't play Pandora in the car on a Touch. It uses Wi-Fi, not the cellular network. You need an Internet connection to get Pandora, and unfortunately Wi-Fi doesn't work quite right when you're in the car.

Unless you're intent on owning a jailbreakable device, there's not much point in buying the iPod touch now especially if you plan to turn around and get an iPhone next year. Besides, if you wait a couple months, Apple will probably release a new version of the touch with more kickass features (one rumor I heard was a camera).

Seriously, the Video (5th gen) is probably the best iPod they've released to date. Drop dead simple, hackable, and lots of storage.

--Danny
    that's what I am saying though if you need/want a cell phone and want to upgrade from a older model then the iPhone is worth it. Asides for AT&T but that's a different story. I got Linux on my Ipod photo, though I can't do much on it, even it's video sucks. Sure it can play Doom but I got a DS flash cart that's able to play monkey island.

----------------
    Now playing: Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
    via FoxyTunes

My phone contract runs out in a year so meh. But if my credit gets up there in 6 months, I'm gonna break down and buy me one damn it for xmas. Been wanting one since they came out and my mom kept renewing this crappy contract lols.