Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beans

Default Beans

I hate beans. I hate them so much. Die beans die.

But I have to eat Beans, because I need the protein (OATZ, SQUATZ, etc). Anyone have any way to make Great Northern Beans not taste like nutty puke? Tonight I made a bowl, and put some shredded cheese, pepper, salt, and Mrs. Dash in it, and it was almost palatable. HALP

Beans, beans, good for the heart.
    The more you eat, the more you fart.

Why not try putting them into a chili or something. You can eat that by itself, put it on a hot dog, eat it with rice, etc.

Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed rosemary, thyme, olive oil. If desired add Tabasco or my personal favorite Mongolian fire oil. Or if you want to go really powerful mix them with good blue cheese. That knock just about any flavor right out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by stonemask55 View Post
    Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed rosemary, thyme, olive oil. If desired add Tabasco or my personal favorite Mongolian fire oil. Or if you want to go really powerful mix them with good blue cheese. That knock just about any flavor right out of them.
    Now that sounds really good. Perhaps I'll pick up some olive oil and do that next time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Now that sounds really good. Perhaps I'll pick up some olive oil and do that next time. Thanks.
    Your welcome. I don't have many "practical" skills but cooking is one of them. *self inflates ego*

Now see...I'd much rather have a bowl of pinto beans with some cornbread over a steak anytime. Some beans I have to stay away from for the stomach discomfort (cramping) they cause me, but others like pinto and kidney beans don't seem to bother me much at all.

~Pramrider

Maybe its because I was born and raised in the south, but I don't consider beans to be good eatin unless you start with some bacon or ham in the pot. Mmmm...now you've got me wanting some black eyed peas.

How about Bush's Grilling Beans. I get the maple and I think, bacon ones. They're quite good.

beans have protein?

If you want protein I would just suggest eating nuts or tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    beans have protein?

If you want protein I would just suggest eating nuts or tuna.
    Beans are a hueg source of cheap protein. By cost, they are one of the best sources. I have 2 months worth of beans in the freezer for about a buck and a half. You can't beat that.