Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on ABDL that I've been thinking about....

Default Thoughts on ABDL that I've been thinking about....

Some thoughts that have been on my mind:

As I get older, and I read around online at various ABDL sites and I wonder how some people out there even have a life.

Seeing how many take things too far in the lifestyle makes me wonder why people would go as far as they do in it. Some live the lifestyle all the time, wear diapers and act as a baby all the time. I've seen pictures that make me wonder about the sanity of those people. Why they take it so far and not realize boundaries.

I wonder what they get out of it? I always wondered why the infamous and late Heidi Lynn did what she/he did in Phoenix. Was it to make a statement? Or was it to be different?

I have never understood why some people want to live as babies 24/7 and there are some that do. I have never understood what the appeal is. Sure part-time might be fun but I could never live it 24/7. I have too many adult interests, and I find those to be far more fun than being a baby all the time. Plus, I could not stand living without my Married... with Children episodes, or my dramas.

I wonder why they would allow themselves to give up all of their adult rights and live as a baby. It makes me think. What are they escaping and why do they want to be waited on hand and foot? I don't. I want to work HARD for what I have and maybe one day have a family.

I know many ABs and most have a sense of reality and separate fantasy from it. Unfortunately there are some that I have run into who want to take it too far for my tastes. I like to have a sense of reality and not live in fantasy worlds because those can easily destroy people if taken too far. I have had my battles with that and I realized that reality helps keep my feet on the ground.

I think a lot when I am out walking and when I am home alone. And lately, this has all been on my mind. Why do people do this? Spend their money on a fantasy world that is not going to happen unless they are lucky enough to find someone who is going to participate in it? I admit, AB is a part of me but it is not a BIG part of me as it once was when I was in my 20s.

I guess that as I have done more in my life the past few years, I have started to see that there is a whole world out there.

Oh, I am still AB, just not as much of one as some people are.

WildThing121675

I agree with you perfectly...having fun is one thing, but living as a baby 24/7 is another...mind you i do enjoy 24/7ing in diapers, however i am discrete about it, and i t does not hold me back in any way, whereas ABing 24/7 of course would.

sidenote: who is heidi lynn???

Heidi Lynn was an infamous AB who went around Phoenix dressed as a baby girl. He wore his clothes and lived as a baby. He was found dead earlier this year.

I think there might be a thread about him here.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Seeing how many take things too far in the lifestyle makes me wonder why people would go as far as they do in it. Some live the lifestyle all the time, wear diapers and act as a baby all the time. I've seen pictures that make me wonder about the sanity of those people. Why they take it so far and not realize boundaries.
    They are one of two things - Fully aware and uncaring of the boundaries, or too stupid to realize there is more to life than sitting around doing nothing.

I wonder what they get out of it? I always wondered why the infamous and late Heidi Lynn did what she/he did in Phoenix. Was it to make a statement? Or was it to be different?
    Heidi Lynn did what he did because he could. He had money, he had time, and he had a fetish. However, people like him are one in a million. There are actually very few people who could devote their whole lives to the pursuit of oblivion, or of any one thing in particular for too long before they get bored.

I wonder why they would allow themselves to give up all of their adult rights and live as a baby. It makes me think. What are they escaping and why do they want to be waited on hand and foot? I don't. I want to work HARD for what I have and maybe one day have a family.
    Most of these people, I think, delude themselves about what their priorities are. You see and read about people who are totally ready to "live the 24/7 lifestyle!" or to be a baby for their whole adult lives, but in reality, the things they think they desire right now would become a living hell within weeks, or even days. Usually we as people are very myopic and pursue singular goals rather than looking at the larger picture, or even trying to find a happy medium.

The alternative to people being totally mental is that they're lying to you, too, or they realize that it's only fantasy and are living out an impossible fantasy through words.

I think a lot when I am out walking and when I am home alone. And lately, this has all been on my mind. Why do people do this? Spend their money on a fantasy world that is not going to happen unless they are lucky enough to find someone who is going to participate in it? I admit, AB is a part of me but it is not a BIG part of me as it once was when I was in my 20s.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. They just grow out of the stupid idea of complete regression. I like to think that, except for the anomalies like Heidi, most are actually very sane people beneath the fronts they put out online. I mostly spoke of the people who were already inured in the 24/7 lifestyle, not those who have it on their minds but don't act upon the fantasy. It's very costly and very unreasonable to live like that, and I think the people who speak of it most realize that it's not going to work and they wouldn't like it anyways after a certain age.

For some older AB's, I came up with this theory many years ago. I don't know if there's anything to it or not, since I've never talked with one of the extremist AB's.

For some older AB's...they may not have known that there's anyone else out there like them until they were much older. That's because until about 15 years ago there was no internet. I know that there were other ways to find out about ABism before the internet...but I would imagine it would be a lot harder to find out about it.

For me, I was 15 before I found out there were others like me. That's a fair bit old compared to a lot of people...but very young compared to say, finding out about others when you're 40.

I was pretty happy before I found out about others, but a part of me just thought I was a total freak and I thought there was just something wrong with me. When I found out about others, it was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders...and over the years it's grown into full blown self acceptance.

It's hard to imagine what it would feel like to go through all the way to age 40 with no way to express this side of me comfortably.

So I've always gotten the impression that these extremist AB's suppress this part of them completely for so long that when they finally find out about others, ABism overtakes them so much and they get carried away with it. They've gone so long in their lives by keeping it all bottled up that once it gets out, they're so overwhelmed by it that they let it take over their lives...and they don't care because they felt they gave up so much of their life.

Again, this is all just my personal theory...there may be little to nothing valid about it.

Beyond that...I would just say that like any group of people, some people are just going to be kind of mentally crazy. It's not just with AB's, it's with anyone...out of the whole group, some people are just going to be in a completely different state of mind. I'm sure you could study the psychology of it all and there would be a reason behind it...but it may just be that there's some kind of mental...disorder.

aj1983

I wear diapers and kids clothes 24/7. Whats the big deal? Sure it's not for everyone, but for some of us its a way of life ...maybe we are crazy, maybe we are obsessed, or maybe we just dont have a whole lot else going on in our lives so we can do stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    For some older AB's, I came up with this theory many years ago. I don't know if there's anything to it or not, since I've never talked with one of the extremist AB's.

For some older AB's...they may not have known that there's anyone else out there like them until they were much older. That's because until about 15 years ago there was no internet. I know that there were other ways to find out about ABism before the internet...but I would imagine it would be a lot harder to find out about it.

For me, I was 15 before I found out there were others like me. That's a fair bit old compared to a lot of people...but very young compared to say, finding out about others when you're 40.

I was pretty happy before I found out about others, but a part of me just thought I was a total freak and I thought there was just something wrong with me. When I found out about others, it was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders...and over the years it's grown into full blown self acceptance.

It's hard to imagine what it would feel like to go through all the way to age 40 with no way to express this side of me comfortably.

So I've always gotten the impression that these extremist AB's suppress this part of them completely for so long that when they finally find out about others, ABism overtakes them so much and they get carried away with it. They've gone so long in their lives by keeping it all bottled up that once it gets out, they're so overwhelmed by it that they let it take over their lives...and they don't care because they felt they gave up so much of their life.

Again, this is all just my personal theory...there may be little to nothing valid about it.

Beyond that...I would just say that like any group of people, some people are just going to be kind of mentally crazy. It's not just with AB's, it's with anyone...out of the whole group, some people are just going to be in a completely different state of mind. I'm sure you could study the psychology of it all and there would be a reason behind it...but it may just be that there's some kind of mental...disorder.
    It's a good theory, and I think it explains a fair number of 24/7 *b/dls. Some of the others may have experienced some stressor in their life that made them break from reality and not want to deal with things from a responsible adult standpoint ever again (or at least during the 24/7 period of their lives). During my divorce, I went at least a good 6-8 hours a day of acting like a baby. It was a good way to heal, honestly, until I felt able to come out of that cocoon and be an adult again.

Still others could have a personality disorder where they just willingly don't like to deal with things, don't want the power to effect change, just want to watch life happen to them.

I guess the last group I can think of would be the sybaristic folk who put pleasure (sexual, emotional or otherwise) over everything else. They may be somewhat selfish, but hey...they're not hurting anyone.

To the OP: I too find my ab interests waning sometimes with age...maybe this too will happen to the 24/7 youngsters. You very rarely find someone over 30 who sticks with the constant diaper wearing. I think the stress of trying to establish a life in your 20s is enough to make anyone want to be a baby 24/7, frankly. Now that I'm in my late 20s and have made it to a point, I don't feel the need as often. I'm happy as an adult.

Maybe they'll follow suit, maybe they won't. Different strokes, as they say.

I think it is cause my AB side is waning because of certain things that have happened in my life as an AB.

And also, I find enjoying my adult life more and more.

I gather a lot has been on my mind lately.

WildThing121675

I agee with WildThing121675 and cannonball88.

I think people wanting to be babies 24/7 and not have a job and have responsibilities of an adult is pathetic. I try not to judge them but after having an ex who was a lazy ass, now I am down on people who don't want to be an adult and want to be taken care of and not want to work. I still try not to judge them thinking they are like my ex.

I don't care if people wear 24/7 because it's under their clothes and they can take care of it themselves. It's people who want to be taken care of 24/7 and don't want to work and they want their partner to support them like they are a mother than a wife or girlfriend and the AB never helps out around the house and never pays any of the bills and doesn't do anything man. I try not to judge them but if the woman wants to be their mom 24/7 it's their business and their own life. I think of myself and know I would not want a grown baby 24/7 so that person wouldn't be for me.

I also have AB clothes I got on ebay but I don't wear out in public, I wear around at home but I don't do it all the time. Even if I did, it still wouldn't be a big deal because what I do in my own home is my business and I still would change into my regular clothes or put them on over my AB outfit when I leave the apartment. There is only one day a year when I will walk out in my AB clothes and that only day is Halloween but it's too cold here for that here that time of year. I don't see anything wrong with someone drinking out of bottles or using pacifiers or bibs all the time at home because I think what they do in their house is their own business.