Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want some Attends?

Default Anyone want some Attends?

I got this pack of Attends online a while ago. I must have been drunk or something whilst ordering, because I don't really like these. So, instead of just tossing them, I want one of you to have them.

I want these to go to someone that normally can't get a hold of decent diapers. Those young and without transportation and the like. I know the feeling of wanting diapers but not being able to get them. I went through it for over 4 years before I got out of the house.

They're mediums, so they'll fit most of you, providing you're not overly tiny or overly large.

So, tell me your story of not being able to get diapers, and really really wanting them, and perhaps they shall be yours.

I have to ask: If you're offering to people who can't normally get diapers, what makes you think they'll be able to get yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I have to ask: If you're offering to people who can't normally get diapers, what makes you think they'll be able to get yours...
    Its worth a shot at least. I'd hate to just toss these away if someone else can use them.

How about giving them to a shelter? Or the local food bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Helpless View Post
    How about giving them to a shelter? Or the local food bank?
    Not a bad idea. I might do that if no one ends up wanting these.

I think giving them to younger members is a great idea.

But personally I'd never give my info to a stranger that I didnt' know.

Definitely find someone to give them to - don't just throw them out. I think there'd be a lot of takers, particularly if you could find someone in your local area to avoid shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    I got this pack of Attends online a while ago. I must have been drunk or something whilst ordering, because I don't really like these. So, instead of just tossing them, I want one of you to have them.

I want these to go to someone that normally can't get a hold of decent diapers. Those young and without transportation and the like. I know the feeling of wanting diapers but not being able to get them. I went through it for over 4 years before I got out of the house.

They're mediums, so they'll fit most of you, providing you're not overly tiny or overly large.

So, tell me your story of not being able to get diapers, and really really wanting them, and perhaps they shall be yours.
    YAY a man after my own heart. I have trouble tossing something if it is "still good" but can give it away to a good home. Else offends my sense of waste. But it brings up my new hobby: trying to figure out how to give things to people without either party revealing personally identifying information, and doing so legally. This is not an easy thing to do... Even without the "legally" part; but then I play everything with the difficulty maxed, even though I die more often. (OKAY I play on medium once through; but then I must play on max difficulty or I have not beaten the game. I call this process "maximizing play value." Other people have other epithets for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Ah, a valid point. :P

General Delivery is also a possibility for those that don't want to reveal their addresses (certainly a legitimate concern). Then all I would need is a name.

Of course, then the receiver would have to get to the post office. I think I'll leave the offer up for probably the next 72 hours, then take them to Goodwill.

If no one wants them..I'll take them. I don't have a problem getting 'good' diapers, but if no one else wants them...I'll gladly take them off your hands.