Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else disappointed with President Obama?

Butterfly Mage

Default Anyone else disappointed with President Obama?

So, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a lot of policy "change" since Obama was elected?

BUSH: Funded a two-front war in the Middle East that cost $10 billion per month and has no concrete mission objectives.
    OBAMA: Continued funding of a two-front war in the Middle East will cost $106 billion this year and still has no concrete mission objectives.

BUSH: Spent eight years demonizing gays.
    OBAMA: Propped up "Don't Ask Don't Tell". Compared same-sex partnerships to incest and then did a 180 on DOMA.

BUSH: Gave multi-billion-dollar bailouts to megacorporations that spent a decade making bad business decisions.
    Obama: Still giving multi-billion-dollar bonuses to mega-corporations that made bad business decisions for a decade.

Bush: supported torturing people in Gitmo.
    Obama: Decided Gitmo wasn't such a bad idea after all and kept it open.

BUSH: Created a guzzler tax credit to make it easier for rich folks to buy Hummers and Escalades.
    OBAMA: "Cash For Clunkers" allows rich folks to get a payout when they trade their 9 MPG Hummer H2 for an 11 MPG Caddilac Escalade XLT.

BUSH: Allowed millions of illegal aliens to enter the USA.
    OBAMA: Has done nothing to strengthen our borders.

BUSH: Gas prices spiked after every election.
    OBAMA: gas prices jumped a dollar in 100 days and are still headed up.

BUSH: Lost half a million American jobs during the last twelve months he was in office.
    OBAMA: Still losing half a million American jobs every month.

BUSH: Increased the debt by a trillion dollars per year.
    OBAMA: The year isn't up yet, but it's looking like a trillion or even more.

Methinks Obama should update his 2012 re-election slogan to "Same Old Same Old" instead of "Change We Can". Or how about "Change We Could But Decided Not To!"?

aj1983

It's only been like 6 months. Give him a bit more time to get settled in, have policies written up, stack the supreme court in his favour, etc, etc. That being said, yes, I'm also a bit disappointed in how slow things have been moving. But i guess the economy is eating up a lot of his time

Asher

It's still Obama's first year; a president can never accomplish that much in their first year. However, I do agree with you; he really isn't doing a lot right now. If this still hasn't changed in two years, then there is a problem.

Personally, I found it annoying that PETA got on Obama's ass for killing that fly. Anyone's take on that?

- Asher

Default WTH - 6 months and inheriting the worse scenario in US history

WTF Butterfly Mage, I am extremely disappointed that you have authored this thread. We have had enough right wing Obama bashing without your help.

It has been 6 months since his inauguration and much (all) of what he is dealing with was inherited from the Bush Administration and the Republican Party.

The Iraq and Middle East War was Bush's $13 Trillion (estimates of total cost by it's termination) War on Terror. America was already fucked at that point.

That combined with poor oversight by Federal Regulatory Agencies (all lead by Republican - Bush Appointees) on our economic front and the full-on corruption and greed of investors and financial organizations who cried foul regarding governmental interference and too much big government (READ: Largely Republicans) has led to a full-on world-wide economic collapse.

Prior to this collapse, there were countless numerous healthy corporations and national businesses that fell due to the collapse of the sub-prime mortgages or loans.

WTH - This is going to take a long time to turn around, and bashing a new administration will not change this situation - ever.

What did you expect, he's a politician.

FYI though, closing Giotmo will do absolutely nothing. It'd merely be a symbolic gesture.

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    So, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been a lot of policy "change" since Obama was elected?

BUSH: Funded a two-front war in the Middle East that cost $10 billion per month and has no concrete mission objectives.
    OBAMA: Continued funding of a two-front war in the Middle East will cost $106 billion this year and still has no concrete mission objectives.

BUSH: Spent eight years demonizing gays.
    OBAMA: Propped up "Don't Ask Don't Tell". Compared same-sex partnerships to incest and then did a 180 on DOMA.

BUSH: Gave multi-billion-dollar bailouts to megacorporations that spent a decade making bad business decisions.
    Obama: Still giving multi-billion-dollar bonuses to mega-corporations that made bad business decisions for a decade.

Bush: supported torturing people in Gitmo.
    Obama: Decided Gitmo wasn't such a bad idea after all and kept it open.

BUSH: Created a guzzler tax credit to make it easier for rich folks to buy Hummers and Escalades.
    OBAMA: "Cash For Clunkers" allows rich folks to get a payout when they trade their 9 MPG Hummer H2 for an 11 MPG Caddilac Escalade XLT.

BUSH: Allowed millions of illegal aliens to enter the USA.
    OBAMA: Has done nothing to strengthen our borders.

BUSH: Gas prices spiked after every election.
    OBAMA: gas prices jumped a dollar in 100 days and are still headed up.

BUSH: Lost half a million American jobs during the last twelve months he was in office.
    OBAMA: Still losing half a million American jobs every month.

Methinks Obama should update his 2012 re-election slogan to "Same Old Same Old" instead of "Change We Can". Or how about "Change We Could But Decided Not To!"?
    This is an appalling, deliberate misrepresentation of the Obama's record, of fact, of process.

You have lost every shred of credibility you might have had.

Butterfly Mage

He had total control over his decision to stab gays in the back. Comparing same-sex relationships to incest?! Call me crazy, but I think there's a difference between the relationship I have with my partner, and how it was when my father molested me.

His decision to reinforce DOMA was the last straw for me.

soren456

He had total control over his decision to stab gays in the back. Comparing same-sex relationships to incest?! Call me crazy, but I think there's a difference between the relationship I have with my partner, and how it was when my father molested me.

His decision to reinforce DOMA was the last straw for me.
    I'm gay and I agree with you. I don't want to support him, I don't want to let him get away with it. And I won't.

But that doesn't make my case so important, so special that I sweep away all perspective, all balance and all respect for truth to smear him and utterly misrepresent his record and the possibilities that confront him.

That's what you have done. You owe this site an apology.

Obama already has nearly 2 trillion dollars "spent" in stimulus plans and that does not even add in the cost of the operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Also I am pretty sure we are going to be spending more money on patrols outside of North Korea and provide humanity aid to Iran's citizens even if we go though another countries embassy for it.

But I got to ask you... are any of you really shocked by this?

The democrats pretty much have complete control in nearly every section in government. So it's not like me or any other republicans can really oppose them.

Also Butterfly does not owe any of us a apology. Butterfly was criticizing Obama's actions or lack of actions which is a completely normal thing to do as a a american citizen who votes. That has NOTHING to do with you or anyone here.