Thread: Embarassing moment

Default Embarassing moment

So as a 32 year old I live alone in my own house. My parents came to visit and happened to be in my bedroom. Of course, what do I leave out in plain view?? My paci on the nightstand. Course my parents asked whats that for?? I come up with a quick reply of "Ah its for grinding my teeth" It may have worked, I dont know. I think my parents have their suspicion of their son any ways

Well they may, but oh well, I'm on my own and they cant tell me how to run my life, so if they dont forget, oh well!

Grinding teeth is actually a really good explanation, I am sure it would be better to chew something that break your teeth at night!

I would have said I just found it.

Cause you just told your parents that you do put it in your mouth, but w.e there's been worse.

Well the grinding the teeth was a last second spare of the moment thing. So thats why I went with it. The I found it route would have just been weird since it was on the night stand. But thanks for the positive feedback on this

Quote Originally Posted by babydia View Post
    So as a 32 year old I live alone in my own house. My parents came to visit and happened to be in my bedroom. Of course, what do I leave out in plain view?? My paci on the nightstand. Course my parents asked whats that for?? I come up with a quick reply of "Ah its for grinding my teeth" It may have worked, I dont know. I think my parents have their suspicion of their son any ways
    Actually, in a pinch some 5 years ago I was out of town and had left behind my nightguard. With a bit of luck I had a #3 NUK in my travel kit nearly hidden down in the very bottom. For two days it served as my night time guard against me grinding my teeth.

Saying it's for stopping the grinding of one's teeth isn't untruthful.

Some psychiatrists prescribe a pacifier to relieve stress. That's always another excuse, but it opens up more questions.

Thanks for the support guys and gals, it does help me to feel good about what I said

I grind my teeth terribly and wear an occlusal splint (mouth-guard) nightly, otherwise I wake up with saw jaw muscles (not to mention the damage to my teeth).
    I've only slept with a dummy once or twice but found that it did a similar job, though it's much more likely to fall out