Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are any of you parents? How do you deal with your children and ABism?

Default Are any of you parents? How do you deal with your children and ABism?

Is any of you are parents how exactly do you act with your children? I mean do they know about the ABism? Or at least about the diapers? I'm really curious as me and my GF often discuss this (Not all that seriously mind you just cuz where bored) but I'm really curious about it.

Me and my GF have concluded is that we tell the kid/kids about wearing them but just don't tell why or anything else. But yeah I'm really curious about how or what to do if they found out about the baby items... overall how do AB parents deal with the ABism with there kids around?

Not a parent, but plan to be some day. When I am, I honestly plan to hide it all from them. None of their business, really, and they probably don't want to know about it.

I wouldn't even tell them I wear diapers, because if you leave it at that, there are bound to be questions - kids are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by BrattyBaby28 View Post
    Not a parent, but plan to be some day. When I am, I honestly plan to hide it all from them. None of their business, really, and they probably don't want to know about it.

I wouldn't even tell them I wear diapers, because if you leave it at that, there are bound to be questions - kids are curious.
    And they also talk a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrattyBaby28 View Post

I'm willing to bet if you did tell them, things might happen depending on how old they are:

1. (If the aren't potty trained, it'd probably be a little harder to potty train them.) "Why can't I wear diapers? Daddy/Mommy wears them!"

2. (If they are potty trained, but still in elementary school, kids really can't keep secrets.) "Hey, guess what? I'm more mature then my Daddy/Mommy! Because he/she still wears diapers!"

3. (Once they hit junior high and through highschool, especially during their rebellious phase, they'll try to use it against you.) "Why should I listen to someone who shits him/herself!?"

Granted, that's only my two cents on it, but I think BrattyBaby28 is right about hiding it.

I would keep it from them, because it's none of their damn business, and it would probably be psychologically damaging if they did know (as with anything sexual).

I'd have all my stuff locked away, and though I'm sure we would have our personal ab moments in front of them occasionally, it wouldn't be anything too extreme. Nothing more than we do in front of friends that don't know.

If, when they got older and nosy, they came across something we wished they hadn't, then we will have an open discussion. But I would hope they'd be much older (teens).

IDK, I grew up in a very open home, I seen a playboy before I was even in 3rd grade. An I knew more than any kid my age. An I grew up alright. I can/have told my mom/dad anything I ever needed to/wanted to. I was never scared to ask them anything, In the long run I would like ot think it also made me safer. But I was ready/able to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahKokoro View Post
    I'm willing to bet if you did tell them, things might happen depending on how old they are:

1. (If the aren't potty trained, it'd probably be a little harder to potty train them.) "Why can't I wear diapers? Daddy/Mommy wears them!"

2. (If they are potty trained, but still in elementary school, kids really can't keep secrets.) "Hey, guess what? I'm more mature then my Daddy/Mommy! Because he/she still wears diapers!"

3. (Once they hit junior high and through highschool, especially during their rebellious phase, they'll try to use it against you.) "Why should I listen to someone who shits him/herself!?"

Granted, that's only my two cents on it, but I think BrattyBaby28 is right about hiding it.

I am sure the kids will keep it a secret about their mom or dad wearing because they be too embarrassed and they wouldn't want to get teased about it. Kids can tease kids about their brother or sister or their mom or dad for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I am sure the kids will keep it a secret about their mom or dad wearing because they be too embarrassed and they wouldn't want to get teased about it. Kids can tease kids about their brother or sister or their mom or dad for any reason.
    True, but that still leaves the other two scenarios as possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    not at this age you can insult an actual person for days but thier family especialy parents and entire school is against you

and i plan on having it locked up, probably my entire bedroom but then again kids always sleep with their parents so who knows i don't have to worry for a long time

Well, first off, I'm gay. So, if I had kids they would already be exposed to an "alternate" lifestyle -- telling their friends "I have two daddies", "My daddies kiss," "My daddies hold hands," etc... So, I think to myself, what would I want them to think about diapers?

I guess I would want them to not feel ashamed or embarrassed about diapers, that diapers are somehow only for babies. I would tell them that "daddy" or "your daddies" wear diapers to bed because sometimes we have accidents, and that's OKAY. If they go around telling their friends, that information will have to compete with the aforementioned -- "My daddies kiss, hold hands, sleep together, etc...

Don't get me wrong, potty training would NOT be an option. My kids would be potty trained about the same time as everybody else. After potty training, they would have the "option" of wearing diapers again to bed for "protection" against accidents, NOT to go back to being un-potty trained.

Hope this all makes sense.

MyWorld