Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Softest" diaper?

Default "Softest" diaper?

A big complaint I had about the Abena Super X-plus was that it had really "hard" plastic on the outside. Very stiff, like it was made out of cardboard. I moved on to Bambinos, which are much better, but not perfect.

The pinnacle of diapers were the Attends I bought in 2002-2004. The plastic was almost like 'butter' it was so soft. Are there any diapers out there today that offer the same quality? I have yet to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Well, the 'cloth' covered disposable are much softer than the plastic ones. I think the CVS Brand is cloth covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Well, the 'cloth' covered disposable are much softer than the plastic ones. I think the CVS Brand is cloth covered.
    Yeah, I've tried the cloth-covered ones...that's just not for me. I'm a plastic kid at heart.

Yeah the CVS brand is cloth coverd and is good, but is no match for the abenas or the molecares.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    Yeah, I've tried the cloth-covered ones...that's just not for me. I'm a plastic kid at heart.
    I couldn't agree with you more! Cloth covered (for me) is missing one of the key experiences of wearing a diaper!...the crinkle of the smooth plastic outside

A big complaint I had about the Abena Super X-plus was that it had really "hard" plastic on the outside. Very stiff, like it was made out of cardboard. I moved on to Bambinos, which are much better, but not perfect.

The pinnacle of diapers were the Attends I bought in 2002-2004. The plastic was almost like 'butter' it was so soft. Are there any diapers out there today that offer the same quality? I have yet to find one.

Thanks in advance.
    I agree with all of this >.<

Bambinos are pretty good (and cute to boot).

And the pinnacle was Attends. If they took those Attends, added standing leak guards, and stuffed them thicker... perfect. (Well, I wouldn't say no to a cute babyish pattern on the front.)

One can dream...

Ok, well with that said, I'd say probably Bambinos. The outside is kinda soft, but the inside is especially soft.

Moli supers are pretty soft, but they still have that crinkle to them that makes them plastic sounding for the young at heart.

You can still get Attends from xpmedical.com. The ones with the waistband and six tapes are really good IMO. From what I can tell they're very similar to the older ones that you're talking about. You may want to try them if you haven't already.