Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Tender-Care' brand diapers

Elli

Default 'Tender-Care' brand diapers

I'm wondering whether other people have used 'Tender-Care' nappies and what other people think of them. As the sizing is set a bit small, I have the large size which is actually too big really but for night time it's awesome! The nappy comes up almost to my ribs which provides excellent coverage and it feels really comforting. I have only tried the 'Night' absorbency, but they are available in a lesser 'daytime' absorbency too. I would stick with my Kendall Lille in the day time though, as I appreciate the elastic waist and slimmer fitting when out and about. But generally I am really impressed with Tender-Care. What do other people think?

I'm also curious about how the large 'Night' Tender-Care diapers might compare to Molicare and Abena, which I haven't had the opportunity to try. Maybe someone has used both and could say how they compare?

http://www.tender-care.com/products.php?cat=19
    Last edited by Elli; 16-Jun-2009 at 18:58. Reason: Added a link

Elli

Sure, no probs, I added the link in above post.

cant say i have tired them but im gonna prob buy some 2nite so i will let u know if they any good :P

B

TC's have been around for.......nearly ever. i've got some of their original promo flyers somewhere (just been looking for them - like i said, somewhere; must be stashed well ).
    to be honest, since the gelificationist types appeared in the UK, i've only bought one pack, just to see if they'd updated them - they hadn't. the 'night' ones were purple, when i had some, and only really comparable with Vlesi night-time diapers.
    apart from the plain-whiteness of the standard ones and a fairly snug cut, i don't rate them; just not gelly enough to compete with the current leading brands.
    i've still got half a pack in my wardrobe, btw.

incidentally, a local manufacturer used to produce an AIO also called Tender-care, but they changed their name for some reason......and their design and construction. the original of that was better, for looks, fit and crinkle than the newer one; although the absorbancy didn't change.

Elli

That's a good point, ade, which I hadn't noticed before. When wet, other ones go all squishy from the gel but these ones remain firmer. That makes sense now. I guess they use fluff pulp stuff instead, right? It might also explain why Tender-Care are a little cheaper than some.

But, that said, I've had very minimal leakage with them, whilst leakage was a common occurence with Kendall Lille Supreme Maxi, which I'd expect to have been the superior of the two. Maybe fluff can wick faster and absorb quicker, even if it feels damp against the skin and makes rashes more likely.

annierighthurr

Hmm they do look nice and rather thick.
    But I see they are a European diaper, so pooey.

It's strange that they are offered in the same sizes as Riboslip diapers, which are a German brand I first wore a few days ago. The company making them also offers a rebranding, and they are plain white with a very small printing of the size in the middle of the diaper. The tapes look the same, too.

I liked the plastic, noise and feel of the riboslips, so if they are the same they aren't a bad buy. There are times when I can't fully use a normal night-time diaper anyway, so they are ideal for that I'd guess.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by r0bino View Post
    It's strange that they are offered in the same sizes as Riboslip diapers, which are a German brand I first wore a few days ago. The company making them also offers a rebranding, and they are plain white with a very small printing of the size in the middle of the diaper. The tapes look the same, too.

I liked the plastic, noise and feel of the riboslips, so if they are the same they aren't a bad buy. There are times when I can't fully use a normal night-time diaper anyway, so they are ideal for that I'd guess.
    That's interesting. I don't know if you can tell from the webpage pics (I can't) but the Tender-Care diapers do have the size printed in very small blue writing on the middle and this smudges and disappears when wet, as a wetness indicator. I think these are not British because the pack says 'diapers' which is unusual. It would say 'nappies' or more likely just 'fitted briefs' or whatever.

If you go back a page on the website, it shows the packets, but they all say Tender-Care rather than Riboslip. Still, it might be the same thing inside the packet.