Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning 21 on July 29th, what kind of alcohol should I buy for the occasion.

Default Turning 21 on July 29th, what kind of alcohol should I buy for the occasion.

So, I turn 21 on July 29th and I'm like I swear I'm going to have at least one drink for my bday so what kind would you all alcohol drinking people suggest? I hope I don't get like addicted, just maybe one here and there over the years so yea, what drink should I get for my 21st bday XD.

I didn't wind up drinking till I was like 26

What I love, and what would probably be a good first drink (good from the point of view of you enjoying it) is a mojito. Get some decent rum (I go for bacardi), some soda water, a lime, some simple syrup or sugar, and either a few sprigs of mint or some spearmint extract (not peppermint).

Mojito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are very refreshing.

So are mint juleps.
    Mint julep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually don't care for mint in general btw despite both of those having mint in them

Then there's the boring but effective rum and coke or crown and coke (I prefer the crown).

I'm quite fond of absinthe, but I wouldn't recommend that as a first drink. It's definitely... flavor packed

If you're looking for beer, Chimay is pretty good as is Ayinger.

If you're wanting to try a flavored beer (like fruit), make sure you avoid lambic beers unless you like sour things. I find them icky.

I don't think I would be that into beer, it just feels to me it'd be nasty lols. I'll stick to the wine and such.

Any first drinks that don't require me to mix things lol.

I wish I could remember my first drink. It was probably like Vodka and Sprite or something. Now I just love Whiskey.

Anyways what do you plan on doing for your birthday. Are you going to go to a bar with your friends?

If you don't like mixing stuff and you don't like beer, wine sounds like a good option.

My personal favorite is Concha Y Toro's Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon. It doesn't have a too distinct taste, but it's not boring either. It works for just enjoying a single glass as well as getting blackout drunk.

Just one drink? okay. buy a texas mickey...

My first drink was a watered down half glass of wine. I was nine.

aj1983

Be classy, just get a nice bottle of wine and have a glass or two over dinner. :tiphat:

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    I wish I could remember my first drink. It was probably like Vodka and Sprite or something. Now I just love Whiskey.

Anyways what do you plan on doing for your birthday. Are you going to go to a bar with your friends?
    What friends? The only people I consider friends or know well are people here So, no going out to a bar with friends

A bottle of red wine should hold me for the day lol. Now, what brand lol.

soren456

Mine is July 1. I have a five-gallon keg brewing in the basement.

If I didn't have that going, I'd head straight for the gin (and tonic).

But wait, are you saying you've never had a drink before?

Boy, are you gonna be surprised.

I'd get some Mogen-David concord grape ("The Schoolboy's Friend"). Nothing but grape juice with a kick.

Otherwise, just buy anything that has always looked interesting to you, because you're not going to like it no matter what it is.