Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check this out

Default Check this out

http://www.jolaf.com/conreyn/wolf.jpg.html

I'm gonna be making this in stained glass. I'm actually really excited to start doing this on Monday. Has anyone else ever done a piece of Stained glass, or any other Medieval art form (Calligraphy, Mosaics, Stained glass, etc.)?

Hmm, I've done a few of these. The first one was in first grade, where I was supposed to hide my name among lots of small scraps of paper. Didn't turn out so well, since I was too busy... well, probably drawing on the table or something. You know, what happened in first grade anyway? I must've been drunk, sorry. The next time I did a mosaic thing (again) was in eighth grade, where I was supposed to do something creative with my Native American project. I, a much more skilled, seven-or-eight-years-older eighth grader, made a festive yellow, green, and red background, and put little shapes into the scraps of paper, like maize and arrows. And, you know, that kind of stuff.

It's kind of tedious but if you're patient it turns out really well

That's definitely true. In the studio at school (where we do all of this), theres a back wall of two griffins in between our shield that'll probably never get finished. Glass isn't much fun to glue to walls in an orderly fashion. Well, at least, not as fun as cutting glass.

Looks interesting, have fun with it

That looks fun (and hard, good luck)!

In response to your question, I've tried calligraphy before. I learned some basic style, went out and bought my own ink and real pen set, which was fun for a few weeks. After that I made my own version of it, which you do with a pencil. It was quite the "ghettolicious", but worked when trying to incorporate fancy art work with the quick, fast pace of today's society. I'm sorry, that went completely off topic. Anyway, yeah, I didn't know you could actually "make" stained glass. I wasn't even sure it was actually glass!

Jag

Sweet design, man. I'm going to be making one myself later this year. Maybe I should do something similar to that. It's certainly a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    Anyway, yeah, I didn't know you could actually "make" stained glass. I wasn't even sure it was actually glass!
    Yeah, it's real. You get reminded of that when you're grinding (if you push too hard, glass flies everywhere, including into your hands).

Awesome, I like the design too! When you are finished with it, you should take a picture of it and post it in the gallery or in ths thread, or maybe both!

good luck with that...
    dont cut your fingers off with the glass

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Awesome, I like the design too! When you are finished with it, you should take a picture of it and post it in the gallery or in ths thread, or maybe both!
    I probably will, along with my completed pieces already. A warning for those though, They're incredibly inconsistent with the lines, I'm horrible at cutting the mylar (You cut along it to get the shapes).