Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else excited for the iPhone 3GS?

Default Anyone else excited for the iPhone 3GS?

The third generation of the iPhone, the "3GS" comes out this Friday! I can't wait!

I've only had an iPhone for a few weeks, but I'm hooked. My current one will be returned Friday morning for a preordered 3GS, and I can't wait to try out all the new stuff, and iPhone OS 3.0... Finally, turn-by-turn GPS directions! Supposed to be a lot faster, too.

ANybody else here got one? Anyone going to try and pick one up on Friday?

The iPhone looks epic. However, plans suck balls. Given my present financial state, I couldn't justify spending 200 bucks on a phone plus 80-100 bucks per month for a plan.

I always liked the Iphone but I still have not ever had a cell phone other then a crappy used prepaid one that sucked.

Anyways I would never get a cellular plan from AT&T, the company sucks with their home phone plans anyway. I would much rather get it on Sprint or Verizon. So unless Apple cut's their ties to a ultra craptastic company, there's no point in getting one.

Butterfly Mage

I have T-Mobile, so there's no iPhone in my future. I wouldn't mind picking up an iTouch MP3 player however.

I'm planning on getting this one when my plan for my current phone runs out (not until Octoberish...). I have the first generation iPod Touch right now, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I have the first generation iPod Touch right now, and I love it.
    Nice Don't forget that the 3.0 OS comes out Wednesday... IIRC it's only 9.99 for iTouch users.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Anyways I would never get a cellular plan from AT&T, the company sucks with their home phone plans anyway. I would much rather get it on Sprint or Verizon. So unless Apple cut's their ties to a ultra craptastic company, there's no point in getting one.
    FWIW, Sprint was rated by JD Power as the worst carrier in the US for customer satisfaction. AT&T is in the middle, but (knock on wood) I haven't personally had any issues in 2 years with 'em.

tbh, I'm perfectly happy with my iPod Touch 2g (especially when 3.0 adds bluetooth) so I think I'll pass. I never really saw the benefit of iPhone over the iPod Touch, and definitely not considering iPhone means €40 a month bill pay contract here (Damn you O2, I spend about a €10 every 2 months on phones).

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I always liked the Iphone but I still have not ever had a cell phone other then a crappy used prepaid one that sucked.

Get one, jailbreak it and use it on anther network. Loads of people do it that way lol.

I'm still tied into my 2 yr contract, it runs out I think in March 2010. I'll be getting one then. I'm glad I saw this thread as I was seriously just going to go buy it and pay the $500 deposit, but since I got my car now it's helping my credit so yay to no deposit XD.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Nice Don't forget that the 3.0 OS comes out Wednesday... IIRC it's only 9.99 for iTouch users.
    I will only if you can keep watching deleted Youtube videos like you can now. Otherwise I'm not getting it.

I am stuck with Verizon right now..but I'm quite jealous. I watched the "guided tour" this weekend, that new iPhone looks PRETTY SWEET.