Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In diapers 24/7

Post In diapers 24/7

If you are truely incontinent as I am you really don't mind wearing diapers 24/7. It took several years to accept this but now I can leave home and do about anything I want and not worry about wetting myself. I wear cloth diapers from Adult Cloth Diapers. Their overnight birdseye cloth diapers are the best diapers I have found. Personally wearing diapers sure beats any other kind of underware because they keep my clothes and everything else around me dry.

Darkfinn

Umm... congratulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Umm... congratulations?
    (Quoted For Truth)

But honestly, you might want to share a little more about yourself.

dprdinky

There's quite a few people agree with you that nothing beats cloth diapers and plastic pants as an excellent source to keeping dry compared to disposables.

It's just a mater of preference.

I'm not incontinent, but I do wear diapers enough to know what it would be like. I can't see how I could be diapered 24/7 in disposables and be at all active. I would not want to have to change at work and there is no disposable that would not leak before I got home. I do wear cloth diapers to work and I am able to get through and entire day without a leak. Fortunately, I have an office job or the bulk of cloth would make them less convenient.

Yes, when you are incontinent and are finally comfortable with the quality of life your diapers can give you, they are no more than a different type of underwear that gets changed a little more often. I too have come to the point that my diapers are not stopping me from living.

Changing a wet diaper is much easier than changing wet pants.

Quote Originally Posted by priva View Post
    I'm not incontinent, but I do wear diapers enough to know what it would be like. I can't see how I could be diapered 24/7 in disposables and be at all active. I would not want to have to change at work and there is no disposable that would not leak before I got home. I do wear cloth diapers to work and I am able to get through and entire day without a leak. Fortunately, I have an office job or the bulk of cloth would make them less convenient.
    Have you tried a lot of diapers? Because, I could do a whole day in a single Tena super without any leaks. I would just ease off the cofee/juices/soda/whatever.

Quality disposables are thinner than cloth and smell a lot less.

I have a few cloth diapers at home, I sew my own too (still in the prototypes phases) and it don't compare to the dryness of a disposable. I could not imagine going out with an overnight cloth diaper strapped to my butt. I'm too thin, it would show up immediatly.

I know that in the US, you are limited to a few diaper choices, and they are mainly crap.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    I know that in the US, you are limited to a few diaper choices, and they are mainly crap.
    That's not true. There are a number of good brands available via mail-order in the US. I've been wearing Bambinos for the past few months... and there are many days when I can get through the whole day with just two.

Being diapered is no reason to be less active. I still do all the things I did before I started wearing 24/7... it just takes a little getting used to.

Zeit

I don't think I could ever go 24/7 for personal wants/desires as my motivation for it. I just find it to be a great hassle and for me to be as active it would really crimp my style at first and would just be bothersome after I got used to it.

Even if I was incontinent, I don't think I could handle doing everything that I do now without feeling embarrassed or self-conscious every time I leave my house. If it did come down to it, it wouldn't be a matter of choice though.