Thread: Blankets

Default Blankets

Maybe there's been topics about blankies before, but I looked and didn't see any in the first few pages that are related to what I want to say/ask about blankies...So here goes:

1. Does anyone else have an obsession with blankies?

My answer: I'm obsessed...I have 5 comforters on my bed...Two 101 Dalmatians, one Ariel, one Winnie The Pooh/Tigger, and one with farm animals and trains on it. Then I have my Daddy bankie, a pink with dark pink leopard spots blankie that Daddy gave me in 2007. Then I have a PPG blanket that my cats like to lay on...It's a good "play spot" blanket. I have two other small ones, also - a pink/dark pink/white one I got while in the hospital when I was 12-ish (people like to give me pink stuff >.>) and a old tattered Raggedy Ann and Andy blankie that I got when I was 3 or so. The rest of the blankets I have, besides a special white one that was given to me when my Pap died (it was one of his blankies), are just regular ol' comforters and guest blankets.

2. What blankie(s) do you have that are special to you?

My answer: See answer to #1.

3. Where's your favorite place to get blankies?

My answer: I don't really have one, but I like blankies as gifts...I've also been checking out a site listed in another blankie topic I read today.

4. Do you like your blankies to be thin (like sheets), thick (like comforters), or in between? Does time of day, weather, or emotions affect this preference?

My answer: I like medium to thick blankies, regardless of weather. They're best for snuggling. If it's hot, I sleep on top of my comforters and other blankies instead of under them.

5. Most importantly, what do you like your blankies to be made of?

My answer: I LOVE faux fur, chenille, "fuzzy" fabrics...anything that's soft and not scratchy.

~ moogle

YES. I love to have a blanket to stroke and cuddle. When I don't have one with me I crave one, and I can't sleep without one. I love to suck my thumb and cuddle my blanket.

I have My Original Blankie, which is basically just a tiny scrap of cloth, and I have my blankie my girlfriend knit for me, which is big enough that I can hide under it and small enough that I can carry it around really easily. It's white with silky edging and perfect for stroking and cuddling.

I don't really have one.

4. Do you like your blankies to be thin (like sheets), thick (like comforters), or in between? Does time of day, weather, or emotions affect this preference?
    I like just my blankie, really. It's not like a blankie you can sleep under. I like it to be little so I can carry it around, but big enough so I can cuddle it. It has to have silky parts I can stroke.

I like them to be soft and have silky edges. I've never had one that wasn't knitted, I don't know if I'd like one like that or not. I wouldn't mind trying it though!

I LOVE blankies. I have so many that it's pathetic. Most of them are baby sized blankets that I made myself, but I also have 2 nice comforters, one that is pink with a princess saying on it, and the other is the disney princess'. Then I recently made a big throw blanket that has winnie the pooh, tigger, and roo on it.

I used to have a really special one that was from when I was 2, but when I moved, my mom threw it away, thinking I didn't want it anymore *sad face* But I've been searching for the same blanket everywhere, so hopefully I'll come across it.

I like to either buy blankies from walmart, or buy fabric from jo anns and make them ^^ They have a much better selection for fabrics.

In the summer I like sheets, but since this summer I usually keep a fan next to my bed, I prefer comforters. During the day I'll use a sheet-like blankie for naps though

Fleece mostly, that way it's more snuggly and soft. But I like comforters made out of cotton material and such.