Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Good ol Washington Nationals

Default The Good ol Washington Nationals

Now I am just getting into baseball and am currently a New York Yankees fan. As I try to understand the world of baseball in the perspective of champions, my local team the Washington Nationals currently have the MLB worst record of 16-44 as of June 13th. Although there was a lot of hype when they came here from Montreal and have a really nice 650 million stadium, it just seems as a nuisance these days that our city is represented this way. Although the worst record ever posted by a still existing MLB team is 36-117 by the 1916 Oakland (then Philadelphia) Athletics, this record is still in reach. They just suck. For all y'all baseball fans, what is your opinion about the Washington Nationals?

When I was around 8 i got into baseball, that was the second year that we had the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and they came to my school once. But I wasn't into baseball and if I was asked about my favorite team I would just say Yankees. In 2008 the now Tampa Bay Rays were doing very well for themselfs and I got into baseball again and now i'm a Rays fan,

I don't know much about the Nationals but I did see an episode of Biuld It Bigger on the Science Channel and they showed how the new stadium was being biult.

dprdinky

Circumstances are beyond people's control on what is given to them, as is the now owners of the Washington team. Unfortunately they were not given a good hand to begin with. Eventually they'll come out of their slump, maybe not this year, but they will. Look at Detroit and Cleveland. At one point both teams we laughing stocks of baseball just a number of yrs ago. It just goes to show you with the right leadership teams will change.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    currently a New York Yankees fan
    :rant: They're playing like sheet as far as I'm concerned!!! They haven't beat the Red Sox ONCE this year

I hate Florida, Marlins suck and once they get good they sell off their best players.

My Baseball life sucks

Butterfly Mage

It's nice having a nearby team that sucks worse that the Oriolles. Also, could there be a more boring team name than "Nationals"?

...That they suck and I'm thankful that they're not my team.

And John Henry is NOT 70, Teixiera.

dprdinky

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    It's nice having a nearby team that sucks worse that the Oriolles. Also, could there be a more boring team name than "Nationals"?
    Hey it beats them being called the "Senators" which a Washington DC major league team was called at one time.

Be glad your team is not a Cleveland team. Cleveland will probably never ever see a world championship again. We're cursed.

I've been an Indians fan ever since I was a kid, and even have the rebroadcast of Len Barker's perfect game on May 15, 1981 on VHS taped. It was a rebroadcast of original WUAB broadcast of the game in '81.

I have and always shall be a Cleveland Indians fanatic.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Be glad your team is not a Cleveland team. Cleveland will probably never ever see a world championship again. We're cursed.

I've been an Indians fan ever since I was a kid, and even have the rebroadcast of Len Barker's perfect game on May 15, 1981 on VHS taped. It was a rebroadcast of original WUAB broadcast of the game in '81.

I have and always shall be a Cleveland Indians fanatic.

WildThing121675
    Don't worry, You're not as bad as the Cubs. They don't have a curse or anything, they're just bad.

I'm a White Sox fan, and having seen the suffering that goes on in the North Side for the Cubs, let me just say this: at least Washington knows their team is bad. It's not a team that's good enough to get your hopes up, then let you down in the playoffs. That's far worse. lol