Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noob questions

JessePup

Default noob questions

a thread for people to ask questions that everyone else knows but your to embarssed to ask cause it would make you look like a noob.

Be warned this is for stuff like how to use the forum like a vip. not for personal problems. no offense but I want to protect the privacy of people with genuine problems.

so my question is how do you do a blog I have no clue.

Click the tab in the top menu bar that says "Blogs". Then click the dropdown that says "My Blog". Then on that page, there is an options column on the left. Select "Post to my Blog". There! All done n00b! Just kidding! I love you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by JessePup View Post
    a thread for people to ask questions that everyone else knows but your to embarssed to ask cause it would make you look like a noob.

Be warned this is for stuff like how to use the forum like a vip. not for personal problems. no offense but I want to protect the privacy of people with genuine problems.

so my question is how do you do a blog I have no clue.
    Sixty posts in and you don't even know how to do that? N0000000000b!!!

(I am so totally kidding, btw.)

Also, if you want to make your blog more secure when you are on the 'Your Blog' screen from the top bar look down the options on the left hand side. One of them will be "Blog Control Panel". Click on that and on the screen that comes up there are permissions that you can set for your contacts, people on your ignore list, members and guests. If you want to make it private I suggest setting it so that only members and contacts can see - or even only contacts if you want to put really personal stuff in there.

JessePup

I meant how do you properly write one. I know how to use all the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by JessePup View Post
    I meant how do you properly write one. I know how to use all the controls.
    There's not really a proper way. Just think of it as a diary or journal that people can respond to. You can talk about pretty much whatever you want to. Just say what's on your mind

JessePup

thanks feel free to ask your noob qustions too.

Thanks, JessePup, for being the first to go on this. Now the rest of us can ask questions without appearing as NOOB as you.

So, my question is, is there a way to send a message to all of the people on your "friends" list? Like an email group?

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Thanks, JessePup, for being the first to go on this. Now the rest of us can ask questions without appearing as NOOB as you.

So, my question is, is there a way to send a message to all of the people on your "friends" list? Like an email group?
    I don't think so. It's an interesting idea, though.

Excellent thread, just blammo. I HATE being made to feel stupid and noobish when I do not get stuff an average impaired 12 yo is a dab hand at. We old dogs struggle with new tricks, offtimes.