Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear god "Up" was great.

Default Dear god "Up" was great.

I just came home from seeing "Up" in 3D and despite my seat being a little damp from their cleaning last night Up ties Watchmen for my best movie of 2009 so far. It's impossible to call one better due to the major differences between them, however it's hands down one of the best CGI/3D films I seen in the past 4 years or so.

Pixar once again proves they are they very best at what they do. The movie did follow suit of Finding Nemo however, opening with a joyous scene and then wham, tragedy. I won't say what happens but it's very well done, hell the whole movie is well done.

Anyways if you really like going to the movies and want to laugh and maybe even cry a few times Up is the movie I recommend to see. If you like things to be in 3D see it in 3D, however if you want to say a few bucks the 2D version should be perfectly fine. Plus the 3D version is a bit darker in coloring due to the use of polarized 3D glasses and that's sort of a bad thing. Your not seeing the full color, It worked with Coraline since that movie was dark as was. However it sort of sucks not seeing it fully the way it was meant to be while in 3D.

I saw it today too. It was good, but I don't think it competes as well to some of their other work. It was nice seeing it in 3D. The movie itself was depressing, and there were funny moments. I think it's like the first Pixar movie I've ever seen with blood in it

It's on my short-term to-do list. Pixar is incapable of making a bad movie, I'm convinced of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I saw it today too. It was good, but I don't think it competes as well to some of their other work. It was nice seeing it in 3D. The movie itself was depressing, and there were funny moments. I think it's like the first Pixar movie I've ever seen with blood in it
    there are some depressing parts but they are needed otherwise there would of never been a movie, plus all of it was towards development of Carl and Russell and to get you to care about them. I shed a tear in the opening once they were in the doctor's office and I sunk deep into my chair. There isn't even any words in the opening, well at the very start if it there are. But as we see Carl growing up into a old man, it's just pure music. The guy who did music for this movie also does the music for the tv show Lost, his music is simply awesome to how well they can move scenes.

Here's one of the part's from Lost in which his music fits perfectly. Early season 1 spoiler of Lost that features Jack, Kate and Charlie.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ck4SsnzxM

I have to watch it up at camp, because there's a boy scout in it. Also, I'm going to be able to relate every single character to one of my camp buddies. So ya, I'm putting it off untell then. Definitly doing it then though.

It was really funny, especially because before my friends and I saw it we each "were" supposed to represent a character. My friend who's really out there was Kevin, and my overbearing Christian, friendly friend was Russel, my really quiet friend was Carl, my serious/crazy friend was the (as we nicknamed him, not to be offensive in anyway) crazy-nazi guy with the dogs, and I was apparently Doug. It was funny because my serious/crazy friend made random comments like, "Awww <real name>'s sad" "Aww <real name> got hurt" and stuff like that.

Mesmerale

I only saw the first 45 minutes before I had to rush home before I got into trouble...

I almost cried..

Quote Originally Posted by NoahKokoro View Post
    my serious/crazy friend was the (as we nicknamed him, not to be offensive in anyway) crazy-nazi guy with the dogs
    Muntz was not a nazi, though he sure turned evil though paranoia.

It was good. I admit, the beginning part made me cry. But I'm like that...

I really wanna see "Up." I think "Monsters, Inc." is probably in my top 10 movies of all time...such an original idea. I hope "Up" continues on in that vein. I'll let everyone know what I think when I see it.