Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or are there tons more 'end of the world' shows on lately?

Default Is it me or are there tons more 'end of the world' shows on lately?

Is it just me or are there more 'end of the world' or 'last days of people' shows on lately. It seems every time I tune to NGC or something I see one. Anyone care to enlighten me on it lol.

NGC did a 'preview' for a show called End Days. There's Life After People on the History Channel. And just tons more, those two I like XD.

Everyone is trying to cash in on the whole "The end will come in 2012." thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    NGC did a 'preview' for a show called End Days. There's Life After People on the History Channel. And just tons more, those two I like XD.
    Life after people is not a end of the world show. It's a show about what might happen after all humans are removed from earth, doesn't mean we will all be dead. It could just be a live action Wall-E.

----------------
    Now playing: Ben Folds - Brainwascht
    via FoxyTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Everyone is trying to cash in on the whole "The end will come in 2012." thing.
    Yep.

Making an "end of the world" prophecy is actually a pretty elegant business plan, when you think about it. The only drawback is the timescale.

Butterfly Mage

Right... since a civilization that died out 400 years ago is a trustworthy source for determining when the world is going to end, har har.

Oh, wait, I thought the world was going to end next Friday when the televisions stop working! Aaaiieeeee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Right... since a civilization that died out 400 years ago is a trustworthy source for determining when the world is going to end, har, har.
    Yes. I don't see how a calendar made by indians can prove that the end of the world is coming. Just because the calendar ends doesn't mean everything else ends with it. Its like saying when I log off of this site today, the whole site's gonna crash. The only reason the calendar ends at that date is because the Mayans didn't feel like making more calendar because they weren't gonna live that long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid3po View Post
    Yes. I don't see how a calendar made by indians can prove that the end of the world is coming. Just because the calendar ends doesn't mean everything else ends with it. Its like saying when I log off of this site today, the whole site's gonna crash. The only reason the calendar ends at that date is because the Mayans didn't feel like making more calendar because they weren't gonna live that long anyway.
    the mayan calender doesn't end in 2012, though.