Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: where i am

kitty0230

Default where i am

im in a ccis unit destined for irts look the terms up. g2G

Quote Originally Posted by catty0320 View Post
    I hit www.acronymfinder.com, which is frequently helpful with stuff like this but I'm not sure I got it exactly right. You're at the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies and you're destined for the Infrared Telescope in Space (Japan)? Just a tip: there's frequently more than one meaning to an acronym, so you need to be a bit clearer.

Based on my previous knowledge of catty's situation i believe this google result is the correct one.

Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) are for children who can benefit from intensive treatment in a secure non-hospital based residential setting. Programs are divided between children who are 11-13 and those that are 14-18. Expected length of stay 60 – 90 days.

Children’s Crisis Intervention Service (CCIS) programs are closed acute child/adolescent inpatient psychiatric treatment beds serving children aged 2-18.

Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) are for children who can benefit from intensive treatment in a secure non-hospital based residential setting. Programs are divided between children who are 11-13 and those that are 14-18. Expected length of stay 60 – 90 days.

Children’s Crisis Intervention Service (CCIS) programs are closed acute child/adolescent inpatient psychiatric treatment beds serving children aged 2-18.

If I remember correctly, this was brought up back on the old forums, and it ended with catty admitting that he lied about it, then left the forums. This is from what I remember.

If this isn't a lie, disregard the following, as I am basing it off of my memory. Please don't apply this if it isn't a lie:

<if-this-is-yet-another-lie>
    Lying about this kind of stuff is really not cool. There are people here that have gone through this kind of stuff for real. Lying about it for whatever reason... getting attention, some twisted fantasy... whatever.

Seriously take a good look in the mirror and think about how people who actually went through this feel about their own situation, and how you can fake it just to get attention.
    </if-this-is-yet-another-lie>

Tigger

k... Have another hit from that bong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ...i believe this google result is the correct one.

If indeed the above google results are correct...then I am left wondering how he/she had access to the internet. I don't believe "closed acute...inpatient psychiatric treatment beds" offer internet service as a 'perk'.

I'd say it sounds a bit 'fishy' to me...but...meh....that's just me.

kitty0230

im got my psp as a perk and saint clairs boonton has wifi, and im not lying, i took a huge tylenol OD on impulse and cut, ask skinny puppy about the od.

OHMyGod Catty, you're back...... I am so relieved you can't know how much. I've looked in the newspaper for any sign of you. (I told you that I would).

I'm weighing in on this as the last person to chat with catty0320 before his last long absence from Adisc (more than 6 weeks).

He took me aside in the chat on that last day and asked about acetominaphen overdose. He said he had taken most of a bottle of pills and then had second thoughts. He asked my advice and i tried to help but I'm not sure I gave good information or was able to do anything more than offer moral support. It's really a relief -- as I said above -- that he has surfaced again and can still access Adisc.

He also told me about cutting and I didn't have much to say about that other than that I was sorry he felt so low that he'd think of doing it to himself. There was probably some other stuff too but it doesn't bear repeating.

My recollection of the previous absence is that he was not banned but was sent away to some sort of boot camp out west. He wrote upon his return of his experiences there (two places). These were basically unpleasant narratives of times spent in places families send their acting-out children when they can't handle them but they have resources to devote to their treatment. "Gruesome" doesn't do them justice.

I don't know about your present situation, catty, but I assume you have only a little time that you're able to access the internet in the hospital. I hope you'll come back in and let us know how you are doing.

To my fellow members who are skeptical: I believe what he has said is the truth or close to it. I have tried to help him in the chat to keep him from harming himself and i hope that we will all give him support in the future (or at least the benefit of the doubt).