Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Diapers.

Default America's Diapers.

As long as I'm out here I may as well ask...

What and where does a 19-year-old DL get for his stash when in California?

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    As long as I'm out here I may as well ask...

What and where does a 19-year-old DL get for his stash when in California?

D.
    I wouldn't even be help to someone asking about Illinois; I order on-line.

Sorry about that.

Los Angeles county...?

I'm just thinking of maybe like a chain store that I may pass or would be accessible wherever I am in LA.

Jeez, why does this country have to be so big?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Los Angeles county...?
    Well I don't live in LA, heck, I don't even live in the state, so take this with a pinch of salt if you will. I am however on vacation in LA at the moment for a cousin's wedding. It seems that there is a CVS on every corner, or at least many in the area. I looked on their website, and CVS seems to sell Attends, Depends, and a CVS generic.

I've not tried any of these various brands, so I can't offer an opinion aside from what I've heard from essentially everyone: Don't do Depends. Apparently the diaper sucks, and with something like Attends, and maybe even Tena at your disposal (no pun intended) I would go for a few extra dollars.

Again, take this with a pinch of salt, if you will.

if you live near those chain drug stores then try to get either the CVS brand plastic backed diapers or the depends overnight plastic backed ones. other than that and you really can't find dependable brands so easily.

Asher

CVS for sure. If not that, Walgreens. : )

- Asher

Unfortunately, Depends are going to be the most readily available. Even more unfortunately, their recent release of the male/female pull-up variety have caused some retailers (like Walgreens) to stop selling the Fitted Maximum Protection, which are the only Depend product that achieves adequacy. At least up north, Rite-Aid is still carrying those, so if you're inclined, you might have a look there. Some people prefer Attends, even after their icky changes, but I haven't had much luck locating them. You might get lucky, though.

In a big place like LA, I would not be surprised to hear that you could find a decent medical supply store and you might get lucky with Molicares, which are occasionally sold over the counter. It could make for an interesting adventure. I hope you'll have a chance to look around and maybe find something worthwhile.

Remember, whatever you manage to get it's more than we have readily avaliable in the UK!!

Most retail stores (grocery, drug and mass merchant) are not going to have anything good on their shelves. I would first check to see what medical supply stores are around. (L.A. is big so there should be a bunch near buy) Call them and see what they have in stock. If you are going to be around for a few days most medical and drug stores can do special orders if you ask.