View Poll Results: Do you like to stack (combo/layer) your diapers?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah! The thicker the better!

25 43.10%
  • Sometimes/When I'm in the mood for it.

26 44.83%
  • Only on special occasions (ie: Parents aren't home for a long while.)

6 10.34%
  • Not my thing/I ration my supply/etc.

9 15.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best diaper stacks/combos!

Default Best diaper stacks/combos!

Time to have a discussion on what kinds of diapers you like to "stack"!

Do you like a Bambino with an Abena Abri-let Maxi over an Attends? Or perhaps you like an Abena Abriform X-Plus under a Secure? Maybe a Secure X-Plus with a Tena Super is your cup of tea. Maybe on weekends you change it up a bit and go for the store brand with a nice Molicare over them? However you like to stack, whatever combo you like best, what are good for each situation (stealthy yet thick, thick and noticeable, barely able to walk or whatever's comfortable!) Tell us! It'll be a great learning experience for all the new people who don't know much about diapers and their many abilities when stacked! It's one thing to wear a diaper, it's another to stack a couple and see how comfortable and how long they last! Be sure to post any tricks of the trade (cutting, taping, perforating, etc) you may use when stacking your diapers! ^_^ As always, you can drop questions here, or note me! I'll help ya out as much as I can. Happy stacking!

Generally I prefer to just go with a single diaper but if I'm wearing a cheap store brand and I want extra absorbency then I'll double up. Of course stacking baby diapers inside a cheap diaper is also a great way to increase absorbency. The problem with doubling up is that if you flood the inside diaper too quickly you can end up with a leak. The best way to avoid this is to cut larger holes in the inner diaper but then you can end up with gel leaking! Which makes changes more of a hassle.

When I'm in the mood for a thicker diaper, there's all sorts of things I do. I have cloth diapers I can fold up and put inside, I have booster pads, maxi pads...I keep a small supply around here and there. Usually I just go with one diaper. Matter of fact, since I got my Bambinos, I find them sufficiently thick and don't stuff them.

Peachy

Only single diapers for me really. I have worn two Tenas or a Depends+Pampers on occasion (the occasion that someone else decided to put me into them ), but I prefer to just wear a thick diaper and change more often.

Peachy

Well since I use cloth, "stacking" is part of it, not that I put on 2 diapers per say, but I have cloth diaper inserts that go in the cloth diaper, I will put a insert in at night for a thicker more absorbent diaper at night.

Darkfinn

I like comboing a Abri-let Maxi with an Attends... but that's really it. I find that stuffers make disposables wick more slowly... and you feel like you are sitting in a puddle all day... not so plesant. If I want a thick diaper... one Bambino or Abri-form X-plus is enough for me.

I usually ration my diapers, because usually when I buy them I buy in a largeish quantity (because I know that I won't be able to buy for a while) and that's when I binge for a week or so (usually it's the holidays)

Once the binge is over, then there's enough for a bit of fun every now and again. If I doubled up my diapers over that binge, there would be none left. And that's no fun

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Generally I prefer to just go with a single diaper but if I'm wearing a cheap store brand and I want extra absorbency then I'll double up. Of course stacking baby diapers inside a cheap diaper is also a great way to increase absorbency. The problem with doubling up is that if you flood the inside diaper too quickly you can end up with a leak. The best way to avoid this is to cut larger holes in the inner diaper but then you can end up with gel leaking! Which makes changes more of a hassle.
    Yeah, cheap store brands are pretty skimpy all around so if they're all I have then I usually cut em up and use 3 or more. Using baby diapers as inserts works pretty well in a pinch, but proper stuffers are always better. I always cut holes in my layers and haven't had much gel-leakage problems. However, gel leakage may occur if you cut slits or too large of holes. You might want to try using a pinwheel (and no, I don't mean a colorful spinning, novelty wind toy. to perforate your layers so that no gel or other material leaks out. I guess over the years, I've perfected my diaper changing technique and so a little gel/etc leakage is never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    When I'm in the mood for a thicker diaper, there's all sorts of things I do. I have cloth diapers I can fold up and put inside, I have booster pads, maxi pads...I keep a small supply around here and there. Usually I just go with one diaper. Matter of fact, since I got my Bambinos, I find them sufficiently thick and don't stuff them.
    Cloth! Yay! More cloth fans! ^_^ I like a nice thick cloth diapy. Bambinos are great, too. Best disposable on the market in my opinion. I'm a heavy wetter due to the sheer volume of fluids I drink daily, (Especially all the Green tea! I can't get enough of it! But it makes ya pee lots! xD) so one diapy won't cut it. I always need AT LEAST one thick stuffer for a regular day and two at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Only single diapers for me really. I have worn two Tenas or a Depends+Pampers on occasion (the occasion that someone else decided to put me into them ), but I prefer to just wear a thick diaper and change more often.

Peachy
    Sounds like fun! I've been put into far more and "worse" diapy combos than that! There was one time my daddyfur (at the time) put me in like, 6! As I explained to JustInCase, I can't wear a regular/single diaper without a stuffer at least.

Quote Originally Posted by babyboy View Post
    Well since I use cloth, "stacking" is part of it, not that I put on 2 diapers per say, but I have cloth diaper inserts that go in the cloth diaper, I will put a insert in at night for a thicker more absorbent diaper at night.
    Woo! More cloth fans! (I had no idea there'd be this many ) I use a few inserts whenever I wear cloth. (See above)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I like comboing a Abri-let Maxi with an Attends... but that's really it. I find that stuffers make disposables wick more slowly... and you feel like you are sitting in a puddle all day... not so plesant. If I want a thick diaper... one Bambino or Abri-form X-plus is enough for me.
    Ah, Attends. I miss the old ones. They were the best! Puddle? More like a kiddie pool, with me. :laughs: (But then again, I'm used to being soaked, so it's not a big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussic_aux View Post
    I usually ration my diapers, because usually when I buy them I buy in a largeish quantity (because I know that I won't be able to buy for a while) and that's when I binge for a week or so (usually it's the holidays)

Once the binge is over, then there's enough for a bit of fun every now and again. If I doubled up my diapers over that binge, there would be none left. And that's no fun
    I've been there. Usually I go 24/7, but that's because I need to. An yeah, runnin outta diapies is no fun. (Especially if you're bladder incont. like me.) Waking up every day in a cold soaked bed gets old after a couple of days. Trust me.

Been as I can't order at the moment, and my supplies are rather limited I have to ration myself. I do however have one Tena Maxi Slip where the sides have gotten ripped off. If my parents are out for a day plan to slash the plastic and use that as a stuffer for a stupidly thick diaper. That should be fun. Normally I only wear one at a time though. Otherwise it is just a waste of good padding, and it reduces my stash more rapidly then I want to.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishen View Post
    Sounds like fun! I've been put into far more and "worse" diapy combos than that! There was one time my daddyfur (at the time) put me in like, 6! As I explained to JustInCase, I can't wear a regular/single diaper without a stuffer at least.
    When you let others do the honors, you're not in control over what you get put into. It's the caretaker's job, and if you leak, it was their fault
    That said, if you can't wear a single diaper without a stuffer...do you leak like a sieve or do you have a bladder of steel that makes you pee like a high-pressure cleaner once you get going?

Peachy