Thread: The Pinnacle of Gaming.

Default The Pinnacle of Gaming.

How can graphical capability continue to grow and advance at the rate it is? Just watch this - YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 E3 2009 Debut Trailer [HQ] and you'll know what I mean, how can graphics get any better than this, they are jst absolutely outstanding, and don't bother with 360/PC is better, it's just not.

I don't think you can improve on that. I remeber playing GT3 on the PS2 and it looked great, that was pushing the PS2 to it's limits. Now I don't know if that's pushing the PS3 all the way but it looks great.

If you ever played Forbidden Siren on PS2 - you can see graphics that can blow some PS3 /360 games out the way. Although. it was pre-rendered.

Games like Heavy Rain, try to push the boundaries of graphics. Eventually they will be so good that it will be almost real. Until then, I'll stick with Grandia + other good old pixelated games =]

nd01

A PC should be able to play that, with good enough specs... Look at Crysis, that's a game with some of the best graphics ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I don't think you can improve on that. I remeber playing GT3 on the PS2 and it looked great, that was pushing the PS2 to it's limits. Now I don't know if that's pushing the PS3 all the way but it looks great.
    I've heard rumors that it will only utilize 6 out of 8 cores, but I don't know how much more they can cram onto a blu-ray disk, fair enough it's 50GB, but still.

It's about time the PS3 started doing something with its capabilities. I wanted to get one, but the choice of games was so weak I went with the 360 instead. PS3 is obviously the better system, too. Sad.

Sorry to put a downer on your mood but:

1. That is a pre-rendered clip. I'd wait to see some real in-game footage before calling it the pinnacle of gaming.
    2. Pick any 360/PS3/Modern PC game. It's graphics are better than that clip. Why? Your watching it on Youtube, which even on HQ, just about matches an EDTV for picture quality (ED = Enhanced Definition. Between Standard and HD.).
    3. PC is better. PC is also worse. Unlike PS3/360, PC gaming is not a standard, and entirely depends on your PC. In 10 years, the PS3 will be obselete. But there will be still be gaming PCs.

I'm not going to get into the 360/PS3 debate, as I would be on the 360 side for the sole reason that I have a 360, and so couldn't give an unbiased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    Sorry to put a downer on your mood but:

1. That is a pre-rendered clip. I'd wait to see some real in-game footage before calling it the pinnacle of gaming.
    2. Pick any 360/PS3/Modern PC game. It's graphics are better than that clip. Why? Your watching it on Youtube, which even on HQ, just about matches an EDTV for picture quality (ED = Enhanced Definition. Between Standard and HD.).
    This is a very good point. Wait to see what happens in the actual game before giving away the key to the city. It could be vastly different.

Hopefully not for you PS3 people, but you never know. I will always pull for the PS3 to succeed because I've loved every Playstation that ever came out. It was a sad day when I had to relent and buy the 360.

Plus, competition brings out the best in companies. I will benefit from Playstation getting better.

Here is a link that shows the trailer in HD. I know it's pre-rendered, but the prologue was pretty darn close in the actual gameplay graphics compared to it's trailers IIRC. I am SO looking forward to it finally being released.

everything always advances. I mean everything the romans thought you couldn't improve on their tech and here we are.