Thread: Newbie intro....

Default Newbie intro....

Well I quess I have to post my intro so that I can read the various articles that others post. I've been using incontinence products since my back injury in 1994. I am 55 years old now and I get a little embarassed when people know that I am wearing diapers. Your not suppose to wear diapers after your baby years. Now I have to due to medicals reasons so I quess I'm a DL now.

I found this site about a month ago doing a search on google for good quality incontinence products that were better than the store brand such as "Depends" which I stuffed a baby diaper in to make it more absorbent.
    I like reading the articles here about the comparison of the Bambino diapers to the Abena X-plus diabers which I haven't tried. I tried a sample pack of the bambinoes and found that like everyone says there really thirsty. The only problem is there really get HOT(steamy) when the weather outside gets above 90 degrees F with that outer plastic shell. When it gets hot outside I use the El cheapo Depends with stuffers inside, which seem to be alot cooler than the plastic.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1234 View Post
    Well I quess I have to post my intro so that I can read the various articles that others post. I've been using incontinence products since my back injury in 1994. I am 55 years old now and I get a little embarassed when people know that I am wearing diapers. Your not suppose to wear diapers after your baby years. Now I have to due to medicals reasons so I quess I'm a DL now.

I found this site about a month ago doing a search on google for good quality incontinence products that were better than the store brand such as "Depends" which I stuffed a baby diaper in to make it more absorbent.
    I like reading the articles here about the comparison of the Bambino diapers to the Abena X-plus diabers which I haven't tried. I tried a sample pack of the bambinoes and found that like everyone says there really thirsty. The only problem is there really get HOT(steamy) when the weather outside gets above 90 degrees F with that outer plastic shell. When it gets hot outside I use the El cheapo Depends with stuffers inside, which seem to be alot cooler than the plastic.
    Welcome to ADISC, BJ1234!
    Like you I am out of university many years. Sorry about your back injury in 1994. Such accidental trauma is a leading cause of incontinence, especially in men. You did not specify, so I am just assuming you are a guy. If you would prefer to be addressed differently please let us know.

My own urinary incontinence is genetic, so I have needed diapers 24/7 a long time, in weather ranging from far below zero to over 120F. Indeed, eventually all diapers will get "steamy". The better cloth-like ventilate somewhat better than do the classic poly-plastic style, such as Bambino. Back when I started wearing disposables only plastic style were available. At the time my doctors taught me to change those long before they got saturated because my own sweat is irritating. Bambino are great and popular with ABDL because they are so thick, but they also are premium price. Your skin will be more comfy when it is hot and humid, like summer in Portland, OR, to wear inexpensive diapers and change them more often. Usually when it is hot we all wet less because we sweat more.

I did not know about ABDL for many years after I needed diapers 24/7. Discovering people love diapers made me happy. What is the point of incontinent people resenting their diapers?

Default Welcome

Nice to have another incontinent dl join in the discussions. You are right about steamy plastic, as Angela found, cloth diapers can breathe. I have been a chronic bedwetter before the advent of plastic, so find cloth diapers very comfortable. After a series of prostate and bladder surgeries, diapers 24/7 were the answer. I look forward to sharing more with you.