Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking it 'too far?'

Default Taking it 'too far?'

I think we all know (or are discovering) that the nature of fetishes is progressive. This means that with time, we get desensitized to certain acts that used to give us that tingly feeling, so we have to do something a little more extreme, then a bit more, and so on.

I don't know if I'm the only one that worries about taking things too far, but I definitely have this fear that one day I'll be having to parade around in a dress and a diaper struggling to hold in five suppositories in downtown Chicago to get that tingly feeling. I know I'm something of a sex addict, so that's a real fear for me. I don't want my fetish to get old, but I don't want to have to do such extreme things to keep it new.

I wonder if that's what causes the 'binge and purge' thing for some people? Maybe fear of desensitization leads to a self-imposed temporary deprivation that makes the act of merely putting on a diaper exciting?

So, two questions in one: do you fear going too far at all? If so, what acts can you envision that would be crossing the line for you?

Well I enjoy many many fetishes, An i do agree with you, after a while 1 will get broing so i move onto the next, This AB/DL was a fetishes, kind of at first, well no. I have always wanted to wear daipers and such for more than jsut a fetishes, but I did hit a streak where it was my fetishes, I have moved pasted that, But still wear for enjoyment, and to relax while sleeping.

But no i dont think it will take it to far, I am aware that 1 day i might. I hope only when that happens I know right away an able to correct it.

I find that this too is a very real fear for me. Not necessarily with AB related topics (what with me not being one) but with so-called 'kinky' sex.

I find it very hard to get off without some 'rough and tumble', or doing things that most certainly wouldn't consider part of their sex repertoire.

I think that sometimes, a self imposed deprivation can be a help, but for others it will only make the desire so strong that they jump straight in at the deep end again, if you get what I'm saying?

That is very true...after self-imposed droughts, I come back with a scary vengeance. lol

I'd never really given it much thought before now. Good point.

I don't really think that you'll go that far if you really don't want to. The nature of Binge/Purge cycles is that once you've got bored of the fetish is that you will pretty much ignore it for the purge part of the cycle. Then, after a period of time, you will suddenly want to get back into the fetish again. At that point, then putting on a diaper will be a thrill again.

But if you are seriously worried about taking it too far, then I suggest that you talk to someone about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussic_aux View Post
    I don't really think that you'll go that far if you really don't want to. The nature of Binge/Purge cycles is that once you've got bored of the fetish is that you will pretty much ignore it for the purge part of the cycle. Then, after a period of time, you will suddenly want to get back into the fetish again. At that point, then putting on a diaper will be a thrill again.

But if you are seriously worried about taking it too far, then I suggest that you talk to someone about it.
    Mmm...that's the thing. I don't really purge. I don't deny myself anything. I have no guilt issues about what I currently do, but some things about my personality make me worry about the future.

I don't honestly foresee it being a problem; maybe I'm just going through a dry spell at the moment, and feeling the need to try something new and more weird. lol

Darkfinn

There are some folk who feel that wearing 24/7 is "going too far"... but it just feels right to me.

It's like... I belong in diapers.

soren456

I don't connect with this at all.

Just putting in for my side.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    There are some folk who feel that wearing 24/7 is "going too far"... but it just feels right to me.

It's like... I belong in diapers.
    <- YUS... That's how it goes! Well it's not necessarily a "fetish" for me. Well, to be honest, when I was first starting out back in... 6th grade, maybe it was a little bit of sexual pleasure for me :/ just a little bit. But it never exploded into full-blown diaper-fetishism. I more or less started wearing cause it makes me feel good in a way other than sexually... It's almost indescribable.

And I'll be forward with you guys, I wore at the rave at a-kon (dallas texassss yo) and was perfectly fine n.n (had some people there who knew it too so they got a good laugh when i was sexy-dancing with this other guy XD)... But wetness is as far as it goes for me in public situations. I've been to conventions with groups of cubs layin around >.> it was truly gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussic_aux View Post

Boredom generally isn't a big part of the binge/purge cycle. You're just talking about peaks of activity.

Purging is almost always guilt driven. A person for whom boredom was the motivation, if they knew it was a cycle, wouldn't actually purge. They'd just stop for awhile.

I'm not sure I'm worried about it going to far... I've definitely gotten more into the whole AB thing as time has gone on... Or rather I've accumulated more items.

Not to say I'm not already too far for some people as it is. I don't have a crib or anything, but I wouldn't say no to one. I've got plenty of clothes... pacis... bottles... plushies... blankies... Since I wouldn't say no to having a room in my house decorated as a nursery/kids room, I'd say I'm already there. I just don't happen to own those things.

So, no, I don't fear it. As far as some point that I wouldn't cross... I can't say. I haven't really seen this as a linear progression. It's more that there are a group of things I like, and I've gradually been filling them in over time as I'm able. I'm filling a defined (pretty much static) space as opposed to moving across a gradient between two extremes, so the idea of there being some point I'm afraid to cross doesn't really fit in with how I approach ABness.

The only thing similar to this "line you don't want to cross" is... this all being easily hidden. If it's just diapers, you can stash them somewhere out of sight. With what I have, that'd be a lot of work, and impossible at a moment's notice. That was admittedly a line I was quite wary of crossing, since all of a sudden you're in a position of not letting people come over at random times without having to "come out" to them (which I don't see myself doing). I did however cross it years ago, so it's kind of a moot point now.