Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Review

Any reason you couldn't have just put this on your other thread?

it is a good site, I may have some reviews for you, however, I don't feel comfortable putting up pictures

Quote Originally Posted by hen View Post
    it is a good site, I may have some reviews for you, however, I don't feel comfortable putting up pictures
    That is okay, just your own written review would be fine. PM me and we can talk more about this ie: Brands

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Any reason you couldn't have just put this on your other thread?
    Because he's trying to inflate the number of threads he starts.

Yumi

Why is every thought you have, and every little thing that happens to you a thread? Spam much?

BTW: Why would you use a premade layout? That's so sad. If you're going to have a serious website, at least do the CSS yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    Why is every thought you have, and every little thing that happens to you a thread? Spam much?

BTW: Why would you use a premade layout? That's so sad. If you're going to have a serious website, at least do the CSS yourself.
    This is a forum...a place for open discussion. I am not putting that much time into just a hobby thing...CSS is if you intend to make profit or take it as more than a side thing. So, BACK OFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    So, BACK OFF!!!
    Defensive much?

Elli

Diaperedteenager, I think it's ok to tell people about your site. But people might get a tad irritated if when you start a new thread it is really for your own benefit rather than the community. Telling people about your site might be a valuable contribution, an opening for discussion and the sharing of news etc. I guess when you start a couple or so threads about your own site, people might begin to feel your motive is a little more self-centred and so they might not give you as much respect as they otherwise might. If you stick to one thread but add to this when you want to tell people about a new review, your new post will bring the thread to the top anyway and people can read what the latest reviews will be.

Having said that, as a relatively new member, I'm not sure what's ok and whether you can have a thread to, in effect, advertise your own site. But I thought it'd be nicer to try explain why some comments are negative rather than have a lot of negative criticism.

P.S. That was supposed to be friendly rather than patronising!
    Last edited by Elli; 10-Jun-2009 at 01:55. Reason: After-thought