Thread: Torrents

Mesmerale

Default Torrents

So, yeah... Mesmerale demands crash-coursing!!

I've never really bothered to do this before, and now I am.

Wit Spore. Yay Spore! See, it's kinda hard to put onto a computer that doesn't have a disc drive, so... yeah...

The download speed is all like: 0.1 --> 10.0 --> 15.0 --> 20.0 --> 40.0 --> 23.0 --> 11.0 --> 39.0 --> and on and on back and forth.

The estimate is all like: 2 weeks, 1 week, 5 days, 2 days, 1 day, 2 days, 1.5 days, 2 days.

What do I do? Just watch? ^_^

You could just watch or try and find another copy of it from somewhere else that has more seeders. That way you are downloading from more people and that would increase the speed. Assuming that is, its their upload speeds slowing you down and not your download speed capping you off.

It's hard to torrent old games. It was pretyt fast when it was before the release of spore however.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    You could just watch or try and find another copy of it from somewhere else that has more seeders. That way you are downloading from more people and that would increase the speed. Assuming that is, its their upload speeds slowing you down and not your download speed capping you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's hard to torrent old games. It was pretyt fast when it was before the release of spore however.
    It jumped up to 200.00 ^_^

Awesome!

And I don't really mind it being slow-ish as long as it gets done before 6:00 am.

It's one of those 'watched pot' things. I've sat for over an hour trying to make sense of variations in dl speed. Best thing to do is let it go, and check once or twice daily.

Um...that, and don't pirate...

Pot calling the kettle black, I suppose. In my brief experience, most files finish before the ticker might seem to indicate.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    It's one of those 'watched pot' things. I've sat for over an hour trying to make sense of variations in dl speed. Best thing to do is let it go, and check once or twice daily.

Um...that, and don't pirate...

Pot calling the kettle black, I suppose. In my brief experience, most files finish before the ticker might seem to indicate.
    I plan on letting it go while I sleep, then installing / whatever during school. ^_^

Here are some tips. Follow the links at the end for further reading.