Thread: Flash Action Script 2.0

Default Flash Action Script 2.0

I am using this programming language for some flash games and I am new to it. Does anyone here know the language well enough to hep me out with a syntex error.

thanks

game_designer

Quote Originally Posted by game_designer View Post
    I am using this programming language for some flash games and I am new to it. Does anyone here know the language well enough to hep me out with a syntex error.

thanks

game_designer
    A syntax error is usaully where you haven't formatted your code correctly. You either used an invalid statement or didn't 'punctuate' it correctly. E.g. not putting a ';' at the end of a line.

I have no real experencie with flash. But isn't there the newbie mode where you just click and drag commands? What version of flash are you using?

I am using CS 3 but with Action Script 2.
    Yeah I know what your talking about when you say newbie mode, we used that in my interactive comm 1 class.

the thing here though is I am learning Action Script through a flash game development book that I borrowed from one of my teachers and I haven't had any problems with the code in the book untill I got to this one certian section.

I have done what the book says and it dosen't work. There are ways to work around this problem I know but I need to understand the basics of this action.

Cool

What is "Flash Action Script"? and What is "Programing Language"?

Quote Originally Posted by game_designer View Post
    I am using CS 3 but with Action Script 2.
    Yeah I know what your talking about when you say newbie mode, we used that in my interactive comm 1 class.

the thing here though is I am learning Action Script through a flash game development book that I borrowed from one of my teachers and I haven't had any problems with the code in the book untill I got to this one certian section.

I have done what the book says and it dosen't work. There are ways to work around this problem I know but I need to understand the basics of this action.
    Sorry, The most I have done is used

Stop();
    GotoAndPlay(FrameNumberhere);

I think it might be worth talking to Cen Aeonis. He was in a similar position to you. But I haven't seem him online in a while.