Thread: Drink

Question Drink

Soon I'll be starting my exams and those will generally be 2 or 3 hours. I'm easily distracted so drink quite a bit during such events. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good refreshing drinks that aren't diuretic or even better the opposite of that.

Any suggestions?

Martin,

While I'm not too knowledgeable on these things, the best I can honestly suggest are maybe some of those mixed fruit natural drinks (like Naked juice). They're thick, which means they would likely fill you up a bit more, thus keeping you from drinking as much.

You could also try something less enjoyable but that still does the job -- for example, warm a bottle of water in your car, or let some soda go flat. This would give you a drink to drink to keep you hydrated (and your hands busy), but it wouldn't be something you'd slog through like a crazy man, because frankly, it just wouldn't be enjoyable to drink!

Either way, most liquids are going to be a diuretic in some regard, I imagine. Good luck!

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Soon I'll be starting my exams and those will generally be 2 or 3 hours. I'm easily distracted so drink quite a bit during such events. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good refreshing drinks that aren't diuretic or even better the opposite of that.

Any suggestions?
    Geez. One word:

DIAPERS!

I wore them: 4.0. They're magic.

I would just stick to water or as close to it as you can tolerate. Most juices have tons of sugar and calories. I like to drink stuff like crystal light or some of the lightly flavored water type stuff. I used to drink soda all day and night in college and I chubbed up pretty hard hehe. In the two years since I've graduated I've lost 40 lbs. just from not drinking soda and playing WoW 24/7 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Martin,

While I'm not too knowledgeable on these things, the best I can honestly suggest are maybe some of those mixed fruit natural drinks (like Naked juice). They're thick, which means they would likely fill you up a bit more, thus keeping you from drinking as much.

You could also try something less enjoyable but that still does the job -- for example, warm a bottle of water in your car, or let some soda go flat. This would give you a drink to drink to keep you hydrated (and your hands busy), but it wouldn't be something you'd slog through like a crazy man, because frankly, it just wouldn't be enjoyable to drink!

Either way, most liquids are going to be a diuretic in some regard, I imagine. Good luck!
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by soren456 View Post
    Geez. One word:

DIAPERS!

I wore them: 4.0. They're magic.
    No, even if I had more then one or was able to get more I wouldn't wear to school. That'd keep my mind off my test more then a full bladder would.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    I would just stick to water or as close to it as you can tolerate. Most juices have tons of sugar and calories. I like to drink stuff like crystal light or some of the lightly flavored water type stuff. I used to drink soda all day and night in college and I chubbed up pretty hard hehe. In the two years since I've graduated I've lost 40 lbs. just from not drinking soda and playing WoW 24/7 :P
    I don't care about weight gain or all that. Just what works well for during my tests.