Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaking Positions (Bedwetting)

Default Leaking Positions (Bedwetting)

Hi, I wear 24/7, and I was wondering when you find yourself with a big wet spot on your bed upon waking up.

If i'm sleeping on my stomach with an Abena super medium, i leak 50% of the time. And If i'm curled up in my sleeper on my side, i'll leak 90% of the time. The only time I feel the most prone to leak free nights, is when i'm sleeping on my back, but even then, if my (you know what) is facing up towards my stomach, i'll leak all over the place.

I was wondering, what other bedwetters do to solve the problem. I could get some underpads, but even then, my sleeper would still get soaked and i would be freezing cold. But even waking up wet in the middle of the night, i've gotten used to it and i can usually just fall back asleep, or i might get up and change and throw a towel on the wet spot.

I dunno, i just wish that you could put on a diaper, and be guarenteed to wake up dry, no matter what position you're in.

-DBB

I've rarely had a leak problem. I use Tranquility ATNs and point IT down. I also sleep on my back, which is probably why I don't leak often.

Okay well your first problem is facing your thing up...Do NOT do that! Diapers are not designed to absorb that way. So face it down like most normal people. Then you will not leak out of the front, it is that simple.
    As for laying on your side, there is nothing you can reallly do about that, because gravity forces it out the sides before your diaper even has a chance to absorb it. So this is simple too, do not sleep on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Okay well your first problem is facing your thing up...Do NOT do that! Diapers are not designed to absorb that way. So face it down like most normal people. Then you will not leak out of the front, it is that simple.
    As for laying on your side, there is nothing you can reallly do about that, because gravity forces it out the sides before your diaper even has a chance to absorb it. So this is simple too, do not sleep on your side.
    Agreed - pointing down is better.

As for it leaking out the sides... Do these diapers have any leak guards? I think Abena is a pretty good brand, so I'd expect them to have some sort of leak protection round the sides. If not, either look for a better brand, or perhaps try some plastic pants?

Yep, point it down, as make sure the diaper is tight enough around your legs. It has to be tight in order to work right. If that doesn't work, then I suggest a different brand, or plastic pants.

Darkfinn

#1... point the tool downwards...
    #2... try a stuffer to add some extra absorbency
    #3... have you tried cloth diapers? With a good pair of properly sized plastic panties they won't leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    Down sucks.

it might suck if your wearing for fun, but if you'r trying not to leak at night, up sucks.

i don't know how to stop side leaks other than plastic pants. or just sleep on your back/belly. otherwise its a good thing your use to wet mornings, because ther's going to be more of them.

Yeah, I know up is worse, But if you wet slowly (Which I dislike, it hurts somewhat) its OK, but whats the fun in wetting slowly anyway.

i've never tried abena supers, but i know they're not supposed to be nearly as absorbant as abena x-plusses: they're not really designed for total incontinence. i'd say your first step should be to get some better diapers. maybe even try cloth. i've heard with a well-fitting pair of plastic pants cloth diapers hardly ever leak before they're full, although i've never tried them myself.

the other thing is that you should make sure you're not saving up your pee and then flooding. because that's guaranteed to make a diaper leak in certain positions. just relax and let it trickle out in small amounts whenever you have the slightest urge to go.

if i've got a decent-quality diaper and i put it on properly i can sleep on my side all night long without leaking.