28 45.16%
  • The Simpsons

18 29.03%
  • Family Guy

16 25.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons, Family Guy & South Park

Default The Simpsons, Family Guy & South Park

Which of these three is the best and why?

I like all three, but in this order:

1. South Park
    2. The Simpsons
    2.5. Futurama (I know it's not in the poll but I like it)
    3. Family Guy

I love the Simpsons and it's always been a favorite of mine, but in recent seasons South Park just kicks too much ass so I picked that one .

I like them all, and they have all been the best animated program on TV at one point in time...
    in the early to mid 1990's the Simpsons was the best program of any kind, but then they went into a slow, sad decline....
    in the late 1990's, early 2000's South Park was the best animation for adults
    currently Family Guy is the best animation for adults, but since it mostly relies on "shock" humour, it's days are numbered... how far can they push that boat out before they fall in the river?

South Park is everything and a bag of chips. The others are ok, but none are more topical, scathingly funny, and offensive.

I like South Park... but I like The Simpsons more. I don't watch much TV.

Animated Series ...ok

1. American Dad makes me laugh the most..
    2.SP is good but it goes too far at times.
    3. Simpsons and Family Guy are tied now so...

Southpark
    and coming in a close second Family Guy
    and I don't really watch the Simpsons, but I still like it.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    in the early to mid 1990's the Simpsons was the best program of any kind, but then they went into a slow, sad decline....
    I agree.

The Simpsons is the best show to ever be on television, and for about 8 or 9 seasons it was a perfect show. Now it's pretty awful, which is unfortunate, but it is, overall, the best by-far. South Park is brilliant in its satire, and pretty freakin' funny, but it doesn't have a wide enough appeal to be better than the Simpsons, and it's beginning to tire out as well. Family Guy was funny for about five episodes- since then, the show has been crap, unfunny, stupidly-random and offensive just for the sake of shock value.

Ultimately, without The Simpsons, there would be no South Park or Family Guy. Neither of the latter two come close to being as funny as the Simpsons was during the 1990s. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrical View Post
    Ultimately, without The Simpsons, there would be no South Park or Family Guy. Neither of the latter two come close to being as funny as the Simpsons was during the 1990s. End of story.
    Agreed. Matt Groening was a pioneer in Adult Cartoons. Let's face it, all others basically copied from The Simpsons.