Thread: ADISC! I need your general delivery help! QUICK!

Default ADISC! I need your general delivery help! QUICK!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help by answering ASAP!

When I put General Delivery in the shipping info, where do I put it?

Like this, after the last name?

First name:
    John

Last name:
    Doe -GENERAL DELIVERY

? Or how? Please help, I need to know this as soon as possible! Thanks!

Wikipedia says:

In the United States, the US Postal Service uses the term general delivery and reserves the term poste restante for international mail sent to general delivery. Mail is addressed as follows:[2]

Mrs. Jane Q. Smith
    General Delivery
    Washington DC 20090-9999

In the ZIP+4 code, the add-on code for general delivery is 9999. The main post office in a community will hold such mail for up to 30 days. This may be a different post office from where oversized packages and registered mail are held for any particular zip code. Note that many post offices within a medium to large city do not have general delivery, and mail addressed to these zip codes will either be forwarded to the Main Post Office or returned to sender.
    ---------
    So it looks like it goes in lieu of an address.

So, do I put where it says General Delivery in the address place? What about the address of the main post office?

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk View Post
    So, do I put where it says General Delivery in the address place? What about the address of the main post office?
    It appears that since they have the city and zip code, there will be only one post office for that combination. So it goes in place of the address, and they will hold it for you at your post office.

I didn't read much of anything that you people said on this blog. But I did notice you just told us your name. And if that is your real name be careful, it's not good to give out personal information online.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMatthew View Post
    I didn't read much of anything that you people said on this blog. But I did notice you just told us your name. And if that is your real name be careful, it's not good to give out personal information online.
    ...Dude, John Doe is not my real name! Google it.

From Wikipedia:

"The name "John Doe" is used as a placeholder name for a male party, in a legal action, case or discussion, whose true identity is either unknown or must be withheld for legal reasons."