Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Found a new store in town with a nice surprise.

  1. #1

    Default Found a new store in town with a nice surprise.

    I get bored at lunch time so I will often drive around town just cruising and eating fast food while listening to the radio. Its a cheap way to get out of the office for an hour at midday, and I get to explore the city a lot more than most people.

    Whenever I find a pharmacy or medical supply store I stop in and check to see what they carry in the way of diapers, but most of the local places have been run out of business by the big chains (Wal-Greens, USA Drug, Wal-Mart, etc.), and the few that I have found left seem to all carry nothing but Depends or First Quality. I don't really care for Depends, and I've never heard much good about the First Quality brand.

    Today I was cruising through an older part of the city that I tend to subconsciously avoid due to it being run down and often not considered to be all that safe. I ran across a small medical supply place that I had never seen in any of the local Yellow Pages, and much to my pleasant surprise they specialize in home car. They had the usual Depends and First Quality all stacked by the front door, and as I had just about given up on the place I noticed that there seemed to be two locations in the store that had incontinence supplies.

    In the other section they had several other brands, including Molicare Supers, Tena Ultras and Supers, Kendall Wings, and something I had never found before labeled as Tena "Classic". I bought a bag of the Moli's and the Tena "Classic"s to add to my collection, as I have never tried either, and I love trying new brands.

    The Classics are blue, plastic backed, two tape diapers that are quite thick compared to the Tena Ultra and Super cloth backed diapers. The Moli's are even thicker, and I think I am going to like them quite a bit. I'm wondering if its worth trying the Kendall's or the plastic backed First Quality's just out of curiosity, but my closet is getting a little full at the moment.

  2. #2

    Default

    Man, this post brought me back to my late teens/early twenties, before I got comfortable with the idea of ordering diapers over the internet. I used to look up medical supply stores and check out their selection of diapers for my "grandma." lol

    Good times, man. I almost miss those days, except that the internet has far superior diapers unfortunately.

  3. #3

    Default

    Oh I order online too, but there is just something about the thrill of finding new things locally. Not to mention that I get lucky every now and then and find stuff on the shelves that have been discontinued and thus hard to find.

  4. #4

    Default

    Cool! I used to do that, but the best I'd found at a med supply store within 100 miles of my house was Tena Supers, and Attends that were old stock with the blue tapes.

    I still stop in any new store that I see while driving to see what's there in hopes that maybe they will have Molicares or Abenas. I usually only pick up a 60cc syringe though (they're great to have in the garage anyway) because all I ever find are Prevail, FQ, new Attends, Wings, and such.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    Man, this post brought me back to my late teens/early twenties, before I got comfortable with the idea of ordering diapers over the internet. I used to look up medical supply stores and check out their selection of diapers for my "grandma." lol

    Good times, man. I almost miss those days, except that the internet has far superior diapers unfortunately.

    haha, sounds like my story exactly. i use to love scoping out the little mom/pop type places looking for different brands and stuff. unfortunately, the brands on the internet are far superior.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DHLA40S View Post
    Cool! I used to do that, but the best I'd found at a med supply store within 100 miles of my house was Tena Supers, and Attends that were old stock with the blue tapes.

    I still stop in any new store that I see while driving to see what's there in hopes that maybe they will have Molicares or Abenas. I usually only pick up a 60cc syringe though (they're great to have in the garage anyway) because all I ever find are Prevail, FQ, new Attends, Wings, and such.
    Oh yeah for sure. And its funny you say the syringe thing because I bought a handful of 100 and 200cc ones with the long needles because they are great for lubricating bushings, ball joints, and other such hard to reach stuff. Not to mention its nice to be able to suck all the old brake/powersteering fluid out of the reservoir when bleeding them, instead of having to blow all that old stuff forward through the system.

  7. #7
    soren456

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    Oh I order online too, but there is just something about the thrill of finding new things locally. Not to mention that I get lucky every now and then and find stuff on the shelves that have been discontinued and thus hard to find.
    The back of my closet is filled with opened packages of off-brand diapers, with two or three missing.

    Hope springs eternal . . . .

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    Oh yeah for sure. And its funny you say the syringe thing because I bought a handful of 100 and 200cc ones with the long needles because they are great for lubricating bushings, ball joints, and other such hard to reach stuff. Not to mention its nice to be able to suck all the old brake/powersteering fluid out of the reservoir when bleeding them, instead of having to blow all that old stuff forward through the system.
    They have so many uses, you're right. I keep a couple at work too because they're great for metering the oil in automotive AC compressors and dryers, so my boss asked me where I got it from. I told him from the HME store near the hospital, and so he asked me to pick up a few more when I'm over on that part of town.

    Hehe..."Will do, next time I'm over that way, I'll get a couple more."

  9. #9

    Default

    I enjoy driving around looking for MeD stores. Some time you find the oddest things :|

  10. #10

    Default

    It must be lucky that actually have decent brands of Adult Diapers. Seems though as these big chain stores just cannot match the small business med supply stores in the hood. I unfortunately cannot drive but I have seen a med supply store within a mile of where I live and hope that someday i can check it out. Curse the recession.

Similar Threads

  1. Surprise Server Speed Surge
    By Moo in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-May-2009, 06:32
  2. New guy in town:))
    By SevenHigh in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-May-2009, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.