Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapping and Cracking

curiousitykitten

Default Snapping and Cracking

Okay I just had an appointment with my PCP and i forgot or didn't feel the need to tell her about this. I thought that it was just a little fluke thing but now im getting just a little iffy about it.

My hips make large audible snapping sounds all the time like when I move. Same goes for my ankles,knees, and wrists. At first I thought it was just normal wear and tear,but its hitting me that
    a. im 16
    b. I haven't gone for a run in months (busyness and breaking a bone...hate it)
    c. I just broke 4 bones from a 1 foot slip and fall
    d. im borderline osterioporatic
    e. im recovering from an eating disorder

so i dont think this is quite as normal as i thought...but maybe it is and im just parinoid. It seems very often like whenever i get up. Does anyone else have this issue? Im seeng the bone dooctor to get my cast removed and hopefully exempted from surgery in a month... Should I wait that long?

Thanks for your care and responces <3

Casts are hot.

I haven't seen a doctor in...Well years, but my knees are always cracking/popping when I go up and down steps. I did sprain one of them a few years ago, but they did that before then. I'm not sure what it really is, but I think when I was getting an X-Ray for the sprained knee, they said something about...Crap I can't remember...Something about the padding or fluid or something in my knees, but they never did anything about it, so I guess it wasn't that serious

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Casts are hot.
    lol what do you mean by hot?

curiousitykitten

QUOTE=Pojo;222568]Yes, focus on that part >_>. I mean they are a turn on.[/QUOTE]

lol! i dont! there all hard and scrappy! I feel like a turtle >.> atleast its water proof :] yay modern medical things

mine is snazzy blue with lots of sharpie sigs on it ;]
    how does that make you feel?

lol jkjk im just messin with you pojo thanks so much for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    lol! i dont! there all hard and scrappy! I feel like a turtle >.> atleast its water proof :] yay modern medical things

mine is snazzy blue with lots of sharpie sigs on it ;]
    how does that make you feel?
    Well you're a girl, so that's definitely a step in the right direction for turning on Pojo

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well you're a girl, so that's definitely a step in the right direction for turning on Pojo
    i see ^____^ lol pojo is pwning the thread

If you had an eating disorder, I wouldn't think your bone marrow is at its best right now. Also, you said you broke 4 bones from falling 1 foot which means your bones are in a really bad condition for your age... I'd definitely go check myself if I were you, prolonging it will just affect you in a negative way. =/

Good luck,
    ~Z

Okay I just had an appointment with my PCP and i forgot or didn't feel the need to tell her about this. I thought that it was just a little fluke thing but now im getting just a little iffy about it.

My hips make large audible snapping sounds all the time like when I move. Same goes for my ankles,knees, and wrists. At first I thought it was just normal wear and tear,but its hitting me that
    a. im 16
    b. I haven't gone for a run in months (busyness and breaking a bone...hate it)
    c. I just broke 4 bones from a 1 foot slip and fall
    d. im borderline osterioporatic
    e. im recovering from an eating disorder

so i dont think this is quite as normal as i thought...but maybe it is and im just parinoid. It seems very often like whenever i get up. Does anyone else have this issue? Im seeng the bone dooctor to get my cast removed and hopefully exempted from surgery in a month... Should I wait that long?

Thanks for your care and responces <3
    I'd be most concerned with your hips making those noises. There is a disorder known as "clicking hips;" my mother's best friend has this, and she (my mother's friend) has been through about 10 surgeries through her life.

As I understand it, clicking/cracking noises across major joints is caused by a tendon snapping and scraping its way across the bone. However, it could be something more serious; if it is ever accompanied by pain or the joint becoming "locked" or otherwise immobile, you'll need to report it right away.

Smaller joints (knuckles) cracking is the result of gas being released from suspension. I recall reading a pretty compelling study (unfortunately, sample size was 1) conducted by an M.D. over most of his lifespan. The gist was that cracking your knuckles does not increase your chances of developing arthritis.

I wouldn't leave it a month. I know that you can't do this now--due to the cast--but when you are able to be active again, start swimming and give up running. Especially with the small bit of medical history you have given here, swimming will be much easier on your body than running. If the popping in your hips is happening at the "top" or across the "outside," give it a week and then let your PCP know. If the popping in your hips is happening at the joint between hip and leg, and is reproducible with a range of motion, then it'd be best to call your PCP and let her know ASAP.

Mesmerale

i see ^____^ lol pojo is pwning the thread
    What else is new?

And h3g3l said it all, so... *shrugs*